Brian J. Capitelli
Top rated White Collar Crimes attorney in New Orleans, LouisianaCapitelli & Wicker
Practice Areas: White Collar Crimes, Administrative Law; view more
Licensed in Louisiana since: 2001
Attorney Brian J. Capitelli is a partner with Capitelli & Wicker law firm in New Orleans, Louisiana. Mr. Capitelli has more than 20 years of total legal experience and provides counsel to clients who stand accused or are under investigation for any type of white collar federal or state criminal offense throughout the greater New Orleans metro and surrounding area.
Mr. Capitelli began his legal career in private practice, focusing on commercial and maritime litigation. He then joined the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Louisiana, from 2006 – 2010, where he served as a federal prosecutor – prosecuting a range of federal criminal matters including: bank fraud, public corruption, federal drug crimes and environmental law violations.
Since joining Capitelli & Wicker in 2010, Mr. Capitelli has represented individuals in white collar offenses, grand jury proceedings, federal drug offenses, students involved in academic and criminal violations, as well as individuals in connection with professional licensing in federal and state administrative matters. Mr. Capitelli has also served as outside counsel for several corporations and businesses in the region in connection with issues regarding healthcare law, tax law, and environmental law.
A 1998 graduate of Boston College, Mr. Capitelli obtained his Juris Doctor from Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Heber Law Center in 2001. He is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in Louisiana as well as the United States Court of Appeal for the 5th Circuit. Mr. Capitelli has also been admitted pro hac vice in the Southern District of Ohio, Northern District of Florida, and Southern District of Mississippi.
Mr. Capitelli is an active member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, serves on the board of the New Orleans Federal Bar Association, and is a fellow with the American Bar Foundation. He also serves as adjunct faculty at the Paul M. Hebert Law Center, where he has facilitated classes involving trial advocacy.
Practice areasCriminal Defense: White Collar, Administrative Law
Criminal Law - Federal, White Collar Crime
- 70% Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 30% Administrative Law
First Admitted: 2001
Professional Webpage: https://capitelliandwicker.com/attorneys/brian-j-capitelli/
- Stuart Hall School – Board of Trustees
- Former Chair of Lighthouse Louisiana
- Sugar Bowl, Executive Committee (prior)
- Former Board President of the New Orleans Speech and Hearing Center
- Treasurer, Federal Bar Association – New Orleans Chapter
- Pro Hac Vice: Southern District of Ohio, Northern District of Florida, Southern District of Mississippi
- Board Member, New Orleans Federal Bar Association
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Louisiana State and Federal Courts
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Ranked Top Lawyers – Criminal Defense, since 2011, New Orleans Magazine
- White Collar, since 2016, Super Lawyers
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Ranked Top Lawyers – White Collar, since 2011, New Orleans Magazine
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- Trial advocacy at the Tulane School of Law and the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at LSU
Office location for Brian J. Capitelli
1100 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70163