Carl A. (Trey) Woods
Top rated personal injury attorney in New Orleans, LouisianaDidriksen Saucier & Woods, APLC
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Insurance coverage, Workers' compensation; view more
Licensed in Louisiana since: 2011
Education: Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
Didriksen Saucier & Woods, APLC3114 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70119-6202 Visit website
As a partner with the Didriksen, Saucier & Woods law firm in New Orleans, Louisiana, attorney Carl Allen “Trey” Woods has served as lead counsel on numerous complex civil trials involving personal injury and liability claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, defective products, medical malpractice, environmental torts, construction defects and other similar disputes.
He also manages the firm’s workers’ compensation department, and he has extensive experience with complex, multiparty class actions, insurance disputes and subrogation as well as with first-party and third-party property claims.
In addition to maintaining a successful civil litigation practice, Mr. Woods also assists small businesses and nonprofits with planning and organization, regulatory compliance, creating bylaws, and serving as counsel to help enforce those bylaws. Widely regarded as a leader in his field, he has published a number of articles on e-discovery and other pretrial and trial tactics and best practices, and he routinely offers in-depth legal commentary on a variety of topics.
Over the course of his career, he has secured millions of dollars in settlements and awards for those he has served, and he has earned several awards and honors for his professionalism and service. In 2012-2013, the American Association for Justice awarded him the New Lawyer Division of Excellence Award, and The Times-Picayune voted him among the region’s top lawyers in 2016.
A 2007 graduate of Millsaps College with a Bachelor of Arts in business administration and minors in economics and political science, Mr. Woods attended Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2010. That same year, he also earned his Master of Business Administration from Loyola University New Orleans College of Business. Licensed to practice before all state and federal courts in Louisiana, he is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association and the New Orleans Bar Association.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Insurance coverage, Workers' compensation: claimant, Civil litigation: defense, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Toxic mold, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Bad faith insurance, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Insurance coverage
- 20% Workers' compensation: claimant
- 10% Civil litigation: defense
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2011, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://dswlawfirm.com/dsw-law-attorneys/carl-a-trey-woods/
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Louisiana, Executive Board of Director
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Louisiana, Executive Board Member & Secretary, 2012
- Millsaps College Jackson, Mississippi, B.A., Business Administration, Minor - Economic and Political Science, 2007
- Loyola University New Orleans, Masters of Business Administration, Louisiana, 2010
- “New E-Discovery Sources, Tips and Tactics” Everything You Don’t Know About E-Discovery (But Wish You Did), National Business Institute, New Orleans, Louisiana, July 26, 2013
- “Handling Social Media, E-mail, Video and Other ESI” Everything You Don’t Know About E-Discovery (But Wish You Did), National Business Institute, New Orleans, Louisiana, July 26, 2013
- “A Judge’s Perspective on E-Discovery: Panel Discussion” Everything You Don’t Know About E-Discovery (But Wish You Did), National Business Institute, New Orleans, Louisiana, July 26, 2013
- New Lawyer Division Excellence Award, American Association of Justice, 2012 – 2013
- Top Lawyer, Times Picayune, 2016
- Louisiana Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2018
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- Federal Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
Office location for Carl A. (Trey) Woods
3114 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70119-6202
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2023