Kara Hadican Samuels
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in New Orleans, LouisianaKara Hadican Samuels & Associates, LLC
Kara Hadican Samuels is the owner of her New Orleans-based eponymous law firm in Louisiana. She focuses her practice on personal injury matters with a special emphasis on medical malpractice and product liability, handling class action and mass torts on related matters. Clients from across Louisiana approach her for legal help with their personal injury matters.
Before founding Kara Hadican Samuels & Associates, L.L.C., Ms. Samuels spent about a decade gaining experience in the legal field, working with various firms across Louisiana. She graduated cum laude with her Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in drama and speech from Loyola University New Orleans. She pursued her legal studies at the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, from where she graduated in 2004 as a William Crowe Sr. Scholar.
As a law student, Ms. Samuels was a member of the university’s law review and moot court. She was recognized by the Gillis Long Poverty Law Center for her service at the Loyola Law Clinic, where she helped a client win a post-conviction relief hearing.
In her 18 years of law practice, Ms. Samuels has had experience representing clients on cases related to automobile collisions, discrimination, defective products and maritime personal injury, among various others. Furthermore, she has worked with insureds on coverage disputes and represented plaintiffs in complicated litigation cases.
Ms. Samuels was rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, reflecting her professionalism in the field of law practice. She is also rated “Superb” on Avvo for her quality client services. Her colleagues endorse her as a fierce advocate who exhibits compassion for her clients. In addition, she was awarded by the Louisiana Association for Justice for winning four cases in a year before the Louisiana Supreme Court.
Licensed to practice in Louisiana since 2004, Ms. Samuels is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit. She is an active member of the New Orleans Bar Association, the Louisiana State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and the Louisiana Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Class actions, Toxic torts
First Admitted: 2004, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://karasamuels.com/about-the-firm/kara-samuels/
- Service to the Med Mal Section (The Medical Malpractice section of the Louisiana Association for Justice honored Kara Hadican Samuels at the 2017 Fall Conference in medical malpractice, having won 4 cases at the Louisiana Supreme Court), David M Bradley Memorial Award
- William L. Crowe, Sr. Scholar, Loyola University School of Law
- Gillis Long Poverty Law Center Award, Loyola Law Clinic
- Loyola University, New Orleans, Louisiana, B.A. Major: Drama and Speech, Cum Laude
- Borel v. Young, 2007-0419, 989 So.2d 42 (La. 2007)
- Bonnette v. State, 2006-1339, 972 So.2d 340 (La. App. 4 Cir. 2007)
- McLachlan v. New York Life Ins. Co., 488 F.3d 624 (5th Cir. 2007)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Jefferson Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Louisiana Association for Justice (LAJ)
- Past Chair, Women's Caucus of LAJ
- Friends Committee Co-Chair, National Association of Women Judges (2013 National Convention)
- Governor Jindal, Louisiana Medical Disclosure Panel
- State v. Sylvia: How Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Containing Invisible Trace Amounts of Drug Residue Secures a Louisiana Prosecutor's Case for Possession of Narcotics, 50 Loy. L. Rev. 287, 2004
Office location for Kara Hadican Samuels
4004 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70119