Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in New Orleans, LA
Kirk Reasonover, founder and managing partner of Reasonover & Associates, LLC, in New Orleans, Louisiana, devotes his professional time to clients in the New Orleans metropolitan area and throughout Orleans, St. Landry and Lafayette parishes. He primarily works in the areas of commercial litigation and securities arbitration. This includes false statements and omissions, mutual fund fraud, overconcentration, unsuitable or excessive margin, churning, suitability, selling away and unauthorized trading. He also has experience in proceedings before FINRA and American Arbitration Association.
In 1991, Mr. Reasonover earned his Juris Doctor from Tulane University Law School in New Orleans. While enrolled, he served as assistant editor for the Tulane Law Review, was vice president of his class and won the Tulane Junior Appellate Moot Court Competition. Also in 1991, Mr. Reasonover earned his Master of Business Administration from Tulane University. Prior to attending law school, he attended and received his bachelor's degree from the University of Virginia.
As a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, Mr. Reasonover may practice before all Louisiana state courts. He has also become a member of several professional organizations such as the American Association for Justice and the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association. For PIABA, he serves as chair of the Amicus Curiae Committee, and he chairs the Business Torts Section of the American Association for Justice. Previously, he was a member of the Audit Committee and the board of directors for the Citizens National Bank of Meridian in addition to chairing the Securities Subcommittee for the American Association for Justice. Mr. Reasonover's peers hold him in high esteem and given him an AV Preeminent* rating via Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Kirk Reasonover
First Admitted: 1991, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.new-orleans-lawyer.us/Attorneys/Kirk-Reasonover....
- Won the Tulane Junior Appellate Moot Court Competition, Tulane University Law School
- Lecturer, Electronic Evidence, Cross-Examination, & Securities Arbitration
- Assistant Editor, Tulane Law Review, Tulane University Law School
- Tulane University, M.B.A. in Accounting, Finance, and Business Management
- University of Virginia
- Chair, Amicus Curiae Committee, Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
- Section Chair, American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA)), Business Torts Section
- Chair, ATLA's Securities Subcommittee
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Audit Committee of Citizens National Bank of Meridian (Federally Chartered Bank)
Last Updated: 6/25/2021