Lloyd N. Frischhertz
Top rated personal injury attorney in New Orleans, LouisianaFrischhertz & Impastato
Lloyd N. Frischhertz Jr. is the managing partner at Frischhertz, Poulliard, Frischhertz, & Impastato, LLC, located in New Orleans, Louisiana. Focusing his practice on civil litigation, he represents clients throughout the state in personal injury matters, maritime law, workers' compensation and claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act. Mr. Frischhertz has also handled civil rights litigation on behalf of his clients.
A recipient of a Bachelor of Arts from Loyola University New Orleans, Mr. Frischhertz Jr. then went on to attend Loyola University New Orleans College of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1973. Admitted to practice in Louisiana, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Frischhertz has secured multiple settlements and trial verdicts in excess of $1 million for his clients, and his varied practice has resulted in his arguing cases before courts throughout the country. During his career of more than 40 years, he has been involved in several landmark decisions involving a variety of issues, including cases involving evidentiary matters, maritime accidents, uninsured motorists and gambling.
An active participant in several professional organizations, Mr. Frischhertz Jr. is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Southern Trial Lawyers Association and the Louisiana Association for Justice, where he has served as a member of its board of governors. A past president of the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors, he is a regularly featured speaker at continuing legal education programs.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, General litigation, Workers' compensation
- 80% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% General litigation
- 10% Workers' compensation
First Admitted: 1973, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.frischhertzlaw.com/attorney/lloyd-n-frischhertz-...
- Loyola University School of Law, B.A.
- State vs Moore (right to counsel), La. Supreme Court
- State vs Wheeler (evidence), La. Supreme Court
- Coward vs Nicholas Drilling ( LHWCA ? 33(g)), United States Supreme Court
- Smith vs Rogers Terminal ( total and permanent disability), United States 5th Circuit cert. denied
- Aples vs ITO Corporation (multiple recovery), United States 5th Circuit
- Kennel vs Avondale ( true doubt rule), United States 5th Circuit
- Ibos vs New Orleans Stevedores ( Last employer rule, occupational illness), United States 5th Circuit, writ. denied
- Livaudais and Griggs vs Harrahs Casino and IGT ( La. gaming laws), La. Supreme Court
- Munsch vs Liberty Mutual Insurance Company ( U.M. coverage), La. Appellate 4th Circuit, writ denied
- Duncan vs USAA, ( U.M. coverage), La. Supreme Court
- Loyola University continuing legal education program, Speaker
- Bar of the Louisiana Supreme Court, Member
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1973
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1973
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Member
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- Bar Association of the 5th Circuit, Member
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Long time member of the board of Governors of LTLA
- Loyola School of Law Alumni Association, Past President
- Louisiana, 1973
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1973
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Office location for Lloyd N. Frischhertz
1140 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70130
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2020