Mark G. Montiel, Jr.
Top rated Construction Litigation attorney in New Orleans, LouisianaMontiel Hodge
Mark G. Montiel, Jr. learned the art of negotiation and conflict resolution at a young age from his father, a well-renowned trial attorney and former Court of Criminal Appeals Judge. Mark’s peers and clients often describe him as straightforward, big picture oriented, and relentless, with a fabulous sense of humor.
Mark’s practice focuses primarily on litigation. Mark litigates on behalf of his clients in various matters including Construction, Labor and Employment, Business Defamation, Insurance, Worker’s Compensation, LHWCA, and Trucking and Transportation. Mark brings a unique perspective to his insurance practice, having had the opportunity to represent both insurers and claimants.
Mark takes a proactive business-oriented approach to litigation to reach a favorable result for his clients before costly and protracted litigation. Often, a proactive approach to business practices and consultation with a litigator can avoid these disputes entirely. Many businesses consult with Mark regarding contracts, policies, procedures, and insurance to ensure they enter litigation from a position of strength. Mark also assists with liens for contractors and the litigation that arises from those payment disputes.
Mark’s clients regularly remark on his availability throughout the litigation process and his ability to help his clients understand the issues and make informed choices regarding their case. Mark prides himself on his ability to respond to clients in a timely fashion and to harness technology to ensure his clients remain updated on their matters.
Mark was raised in Montgomery, Alabama, and enjoys golfing, hunting, fishing, and Alabama football. Mark lives in New Orleans with his wife Michelle, daughter Helen, and two dogs (Winnie and Ophelia).
If you are looking for an Attorney to assist you. Give Mark a call and get working on a solution.
Practice areasConstruction Litigation: Business, Insurance Coverage, Workers' Compensation: Employer/Insurance, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Defense, Employment Litigation: Defense, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Bad Faith Insurance, Construction Defects, Employment Law - Employer, Insurance, Insurance Defense
- 20% Construction Litigation: Business
- 20% Insurance Coverage
- 20% Workers' Compensation: Employer/Insurance
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10% Employment Litigation: Defense
- 10% Other
First Admitted: 2014, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: http://montielhodge.com/team/Mark-Montiel/
- J.D., Tulane University School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana Student Bar Association Executive President, Vice President, Treasurer (1L) Gary Lawton Fretwell Crest Award for leadership within student organizations Sports Law, 2014
- B.A., University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama Political Science & Government Phi Delta Theta, 2011
- Published October 20, 2021, Quoted, Contractor Licensing Dispute Holds Up $557 Million Contract to Develop New Orleans Convention Center, Levelset, 2021
- Published October 15, 2021, Quoted, Ex-Sun Belt Conference official accuses New Orleans-based college sports league of discrimination. Conference denies the allegations at center of Orleans civil court lawsuit, NOLA, 2021
- Published October 15, 2021, Quoted, Ex-Sun Belt Conference official accuses New Orleans-based college sports league of discrimination. Conference denies the allegations at center of Orleans civil court lawsuit, KTBS3, 2021
- Published August 21, 2021, Quoted, New Orleans DA settles defamation lawsuit brought by Ike Spears against ex-prosecutor, NOLA, 2021
- Member, State Bar of Louisiana, (2014-Present), 2022
- Member, Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, (2014-Present), 2022
- State of Louisiana, (2014-Present), 2022
- State of Alabama, (2014-Present), 2022
- United States District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama, 2018
- United States District Court for the Middle, Eastern, and Western Districts of Louisiana, (2014), 2014
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2014
- Recognized 2021-Present, AV rated 5.0, Martindale-Hubbell, 2022
- Recognized 2021-Present, Rated 8.1, Excellent, AVVO, 2022
- Recognized 2021-Present, Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2022
- Awarded in 2014, Gary Lawton Fretwell Crest Award, Tulane University School of Law, 2014
Office location for Mark G. Montiel, Jr.
400 Poydras St
New Orleans, LA 70130
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2024