Michael L. Eckstein
Top rated business & corporate attorney in New Orleans, LouisianaEckstein Law Firm, APC
Michael L. Eckstein is a Board Certified Tax Attorney and a Board Certified Estate Planning and Administration Specialist and an Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) who has a broad-based tax and business practice, which includes individual and corporate tax planning, business planning, estate tax planning, closely held business law, entrepreneurial business law, mergers and acquisitions, real estate tax practice, and tax controversy work at the city, state, and federal level. Mr. Eckstein also has significant experience in the representation of professional athletes, high-tech/venture capital concerns, and communications businesses. Mr. Eckstein received his undergraduate degree at the University of Kentucky, his Juris Doctorate degree at Tulane University Law School, and his LL.M. in taxation from Georgetown University.
Practice areasBusiness/corporate, Estate planning & probate, Tax: business, Tax: consumer
First Admitted: 1979, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: http://www.eck-law.com/about-mr-eckstein.html
- Michael L. Eckstein is a Board Certified Tax Attorney, a Board Certified Estate Planning and Administration Specialist and an Accredited Estate Planner who has a broad based tax and business practice which includes individual and corporate tax planning, business planning, estate tax planning, closely-held business law, entrepreneurial business law, mergers and acquisitions, real estate tax practice and tax controversy work at the city, state and federal level. Mr. Eckstein also has significant experience in the representation of professional athletes, high tech/venture capital concerns and communication businesses.
- Mr. Eckstein is a member of the New Orleans, Louisiana and American Bar Associations, and is admitted to practice before all Louisiana State courts, the United States District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Louisiana and the Northern District of California, the U.S. Tax Court and U.S. Claims Court. He is a member of the New Orleans, Louisiana State (Sections on: Taxation; Real Property, Probate and Trust Law; Corporation; Business Law and Intellectual Property) and American (Committee on Depreciation and Investment Tax Credit; Sections of: Taxation; Corporation, Banking and Business Law; Real Property, Probate and Trust Law; Forum Committee for the Entertainment and Sports Industries and Intellectual Property) Bar Associations; Sports Lawyers Association; and New Orleans Estate Planning Council. Mr. Eckstein is also a certified agent for the National Basketball Players Association, National Football League Players Association, FIBA, Canada Football League Players Association and the NCAA.
- Mr. Eckstein received his undergraduate degree at the University of Kentucky, his juris doctorate degree at Tulane University Law School and his LL.M. in Taxation from Georgetown University.
- Author: "Treatment by an Owner of a Deferred Bonus Contained within a Professional Player Contract," Tax Ideas, Prentice-Hall, 1979; "Subchapter S Corporations-Are You Entitled to the Flow-Through Tax Attributes?" Louisiana Bar Journal, June, 1985; "Investment Credit and At-Risk Rules for S Corporations," S Corporations Tax Choices for Business Planning, Prentice-Hall, October 1985; "How A Sports Franchise Owner Treats a Deferred Bonus to a Player-Revised," The Sports Lawyer, 1992.
- Mr. Eckstein is a past president and advisory board member for Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans, a past president and director of Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Southeast Louisiana and a director of The Greater Baton Rouge Business Report. He is a past director of the Tulane Law School CLE Advisory Board, Tulane University Alumni Association and Louisiana Tax Free Shopping Program, Inc.
- InnoGenomics Technologies, LLC, 2010
- Fast Tax, Inc., 2007
- Walton & Johnson, LL, 1998
- Louisiana Public Health Institute, 2003
- Baton Rouge Business Report, 1998
- Scott Armature, LLC, 1984
- Kencoil, Inc., 1980