Stephen P. Bruno
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New Orleans, LA
With a focus on maritime personal injury, Stephen P. Bruno has spent his time at Bruno & Bruno recovering over $100 million in settlements and verdicts in more than 1,000 cases. A recognized diplomat by the American Association for Justice in trial advocacy, Mr. Bruno has extensive trial skills in cases of product liability, defamation, premises liability, slips and falls, oil and gas, successions, automobile accidents and wrongful death.
Mr. Bruno has been named a Top Lawyer and a Leader in Law by New Orleans Magazine and was heavily involved in utilizing the internet to scan original acts as a chairman and custodian of the Notarial Examination Committee for Orleans Parish, an appointment given by two different governors from the state. For his commitment to legal ethics and professional accomplishments, he earned the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
A graduate of Tulane University, Mr. Bruno earned a Bachelor of Science with a major in management in 1979, then attended Tulane Law School, where he graduated cum laude with a Juris Doctor in 1982. He is currently a member of the New Orleans Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and the Louisiana Association for Justice. For Saint Rita Parish Council and St. Thomas More Catholic Lawyers Association, he is a former president.
Passionate about involvement in the community, Mr. Bruno is also heavily involved in fundraising for local academic and religious institutions. A talented, knowledgeable and engaging presenter, he has lectured for several of Louisiana Association for Justice’s seminars.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Business Litigation
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About Stephen P. Bruno
First Admitted: 1982
Professional Webpage: http://www.brunobrunolaw.com/Our-Attorneys/Stephen-P-Bruno.s...
Pro bono/Community Service
- St. Rita Parish Council, Past President
- Notarial Examination Committee for Orleans Parish, Chairman
- Notarial Records for the Parish of Orleans, Custodian
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Member
- St. Thomas More Catholic Lawyers Association, Past President
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Louisiana, 1982
- Leader in Law, 2010-Present
- Named one of the Top Lawyers in New Orleans
- Recognized as a Diplomat by the American Association for Justice in Trial Advocacy
- Recognized as a Leader in Law by New Orleans Magazine
- Top Lawyers, 2009-Present
- Graduated with Honors, Cum Laude, Tulane Law School, 1982
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Justin Rosier v. Guideone Mutual Insurance Company, 22nd JDC, 05-15192, jury awarded $1,750,000.00
- James Diaspora v USA, $900,000
- Gregory Johnson, et al v. Travelers,et al, 24th JDC, No. 629-122
- Ray Ingram v Rheem Manufacturing, $1,500,000
- Robert Davis v. City of New Orleans, police brutality
- Chad Ledet V Smith Marine Towing USDC CA, 10-1713 $ 1,894,728.89
- Tulane University, B.S., Major: Management, 1979
Last Updated: 5/15/2022