Peter L. Thompson
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Portland, ME
The founder of Peter Thompson & Associates, Peter L. Thompson focuses his practice primarily on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Peter Thompson has fought for victims of serious accidents for over 20 years and has successfully resolved thousands of cases. Last year alone, he and his legal team recovered over $15,000,000 for his clients and received U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Lawyers in America” rating. Peter has been designated a New England "Super Lawyer" for the last 13 years and was voted "Best Personal Injury Lawyer" in both Portland and Bangor 10 years in a row. His successful track record has earned him the respect of his colleagues, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
For Peter, to be a good lawyer, you must do more that just fight aggressively for your clients and achieve excellent results; you must also consistently address your clients' needs and concerns in a timely manner and develop relationships based on trust and respect. His firm and its reputation have been built around this philosophy.
Attorney Thompson is also a strong supporter of non-profit organizations including the Brain Injury Association (BIA) and the Consumer Health Law Program (CHLP).
Education: Bowdoin College, B.A. University of Maine School of Law, J.D.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Peter L. Thompson
First Admitted: 1994, Maine
Professional Webpage: https://www.peter-thompson-associates.com/our-attorneys.html
- New Hampshire
- America Association for Justice
- Maine State Bar Association
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association
- Maine; District of Maine; First Circuit
- U.S. News "Best Lawyers in America", New England Super Lawyers magazine "SuperLawyer".
- "AV Preeminent" rated by Lawyers.com
- Member: Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Maine Law Review (Managing Editor)
- University of Maine School of Law, J.D.
- Bowdoin College, B.A.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Brain Injury Association (BIA) and the Consumer Health Law Program (CHLP).
- Board Member: Disability Rights Center
- Volunteer Legal Director - Maine Consumer Health Law Program
- Board Member: Brain Injury Association of Maine
- Holiday Weekend Car Accidents in Maine https://t.co/DHz85Je2OG
- Determining Fault After a Maine Multi-Car Accident https://t.co/TL95UkwvLV
- Hit and Run Accident in Maine Leads to Severe Injuries for Couple https://t.co/93N6lhcyB3
- Understanding Criminal vs. Civil Claims in Maine https://t.co/gm3bJuVL6M
- Head-On Car Accident in Maine Leads to Multiple Injuries https://t.co/UzzrV46mj0
Last Updated: 5/15/2022