John Scott Webb
Top Rated DUI-DWI Attorney in Saco, ME
Attorney John Scott Webb is the founder and principal of the Webb Law Firm, which has office locations in Saco and Portland, Maine. Nationally recognized as one of the top trial attorneys in southern Maine as well as the entire country, Mr. Webb devotes his practice almost exclusively to criminal defense, and he has become a recognized authority in OUI, DUI, DWI and DWID law.
Throughout his career, Mr. Webb has served as instructor on OUI, DUI and DWI defense with the National College for DUI Defense as well as for continuing legal education courses for the York County Bar Association, the Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and other professional legal organizations. He is well-versed in all aspects of the Intoxilyzer 8000 and Intoxilyzer 5000 breath alcohol testers, and he provides training and facilitates continuing education courses for law enforcement and other attorneys in the proper use and calibration of these machines.
Among his other professional affiliations, Mr. Webb is a member of the Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Maine State Bar Association and the Maine Trial Lawyers Association. He also serves on the DUI Committee of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Furthermore, he is the past president and current committee member of the York County Bar Association.
A 1983 graduate of the Maine Maritime Academy with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mr. Webb worked as a mechanical engineer for the Norfolk Naval Shipyard until 1989, when he decided to pursue his legal career. He then attended Vermont Law School, where he earned his Juris Doctor cum laude in 1992. He holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer-review rating, and he has received Superb client ratings on AVVO along with many positive testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About John Scott Webb
First Admitted: 1992, Maine
Professional Webpage: https://www.webblawmaine.com/john-s-webb.html
- MACDL Annual CLE Bureau of Motor Vehicle (DMV) Issues & Case Update 2011
- Lorman OUI CLE Strategies in Handling DWI and DUI Cases 2002
- Lorman DWI/DUI CLE Strategies in Handling DWI and DUI Cases 2003
- Lorman OUI CLE OUI/DUI Defense: Demystifying the Science 2005
- York County Bar CLE What Jail Can Do for Your Client 2005
- Lorman OUI CLE Strategies in Handling DWI and DUI Cases 2006
- Maine Criminal Defense CLE “Basic Training for OUI Defense” 2008
- OUI CLE Basic OUI Defense Laying the Cornerstone 2008
- Maine Criminal Defense Lawyers CLE Advanced Training for OUI Defense 2009
- NCDD Summer Session 2010 Closing Arguments – Breakout Session Co-Instructor 2010
- 15th Annual NACDL DWI Means Defend with Ingenuity Field Sobriety Testing – Cross Examination Breakout Speaker 2011
- NCDD Summer Session 2016 Faculty Breakout Session Co-instructor, 2016 in Cambridge, MA
- National College (NCDD) Summer Session Cross Examination – Breakout Session Co-Instructor 2011
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers DUI Seminar Trial Skills Workshop Instructor 2012
- MACDL Annual Meeting – Sentencing Techniques Federal & State 2014
- Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers OUI Seminar Defending OUI’s in Maine 2014
- York County Bar CLE Defending Against the Intoxilyzer 8000 2015
Pro bono/Community Service
- Sanford Mainers Baseball Club, a franchise of the New England Collegiate Baseball League; GM & Assistant GM, 2003 to Present
- United States Coast Guard 3rdAssistant Engineering License, 1983
- Maine, 1992
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association, 1992 – Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), DUI Committee 2009 – Present
- Maine State Bar Association, 1992 – Present
- York County Bar Association, Past President, Past President’s Committee and Member 1992 – Present
- Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL) 2009 – Present
- State Delegate, National College for DUI Defense (NCDD)
- Sustaining Member, National College for DUI Defense (NCDD) 2009 – Present
- Sanford High School, Sanford, Maine, Class of 1979
- Maine Maritime Academy, 1983
Last Updated: 5/15/2022