Top rated Tax attorney in Annapolis, MarylandFrost Law
Glen Frost, an esteemed attorney with an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, is the founder and managing partner of Frost Law, located in Annapolis, Maryland. His legal representation extends to individuals and entities throughout Maryland, Florida, Columbia, Virginia and Pennsylvania. He handles matters involving tax controversy and litigation, international tax matters, tax planning, estate planning and business law matters.
Certified as a public accountant by the American Academy of Attorney – Certified Public Accountants, Mr. Frost is a highly sought-after professional known for handling tax controversy cases. He is skilled in various areas, including dealing with IRS examinations, tax liens, wage garnishments and more. He also assists clients with penalty abatement requests, payroll tax issues and foreign bank account reporting. Additionally, he is well-versed in addressing allegations related to white collar crimes, such as money laundering and willful failure to file.
After receiving his B.S. degree in accounting from Stevenson University in 2006, Mr. Frost achieved an M.S. in forensic accounting from his alma mater. He earned his Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2008. Authorized to practice law in Maryland, Florida, Columbia, Virginia and Pennsylvania, he represents clients before various courts, including:
- The U.S. Tax Court
- The U.S. District Courts for the District of Maryland
- The U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- The U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit Court
- The U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Rated 10/10 on Avvo, Mr. Frost has received several positive reviews on the platform from satisfied clients. In addition, he has been recognized as The Best Lawyers in America 2023 for his work in tax law. Apart from this, he is a proficient speaker and author, captivating audiences with his profound knowledge and insights in his field.
In addition to his role as a president of the American Citizens Abroad Global Foundation, Mr. Frost has memberships in numerous legal organizations such as the International Bar Association's Business Crime Section, the Maryland State Bar Association, The Florida Bar, The District of Columbia Bar, the Virginia State Bar Association, The Bar Association of Anne Arundel County, the Baltimore County Bar Association, The Bar Association of Baltimore City and the Wicomico County Bar Association, to name a few.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasTax: Business, Business/Corporate, Estate Planning & Probate, Tax: Consumer, Criminal Defense: White Collar
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Contracts, Criminal Law - Federal, Estate Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Living Wills, Partnership, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Tax Law, Trusts, White Collar Crime, Wills
- 30% Tax: Business
- 20% Business/Corporate
- 20% Estate Planning & Probate
- 20% Tax: Consumer
- 10% Criminal Defense: White Collar
First Admitted: 2009, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://askfrost.com/our-team/glen-frost-tax-attorney
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit Court
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- International Bar Association, Business Crime Section
- American Citizens Abroad, Associate Legal Counsel
- American Citizens Abroad Global Foundation, President
- American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accounts, Lifetime Member, Audit Advisory Committee
- American Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia State Bar Association
- DC Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association, Taxation Section Council Member
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Wicomico County Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Maryland Voluntary Lawyer Services, Pro Bono Tax Attorney
- United Way of Central Maryland, Emerging Leaders United
- The Baltimore Cash Campaign & Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), Certified Public Accountant
- Sternberger v. Commissioner (Docket No. 6939-13S): Successfully challenged proposed tax deficiency and penalty relating to a disallowed loss under IRC 183 "hobby loss" rules resulting in no final deficiency and no penalties.
- Golden v. Comptroller of Maryland (MTC No.: 12-IN-OO-0307): Successfully challenged responsible officer assessments in the amount of $69,302.00 resulting in a complete abatement of tax, interest, and penalties.
- Masciarelli v. Commissioner (Docket No 6040-11) Successfully challenged proposed penalties imposed by the IRS relating to errors that were discovered on the return that was prepared with a commonly used tax preparation program.
- Wills v. Commissioner (Docket No. 13762-12): Successfully challenged proposed assessments of $63,132 in tax and $12,636.40 in penalties obtaining innocent spouse relief under IRC 6015(c) reducing the assessment to $8,080 in tax and zero penalties.
- Davis v. Commissioner (Docket No. 12848-13): Successfully challenged proposed assessments of $145,932.00 in tax and $65,668.90 in penalties resulting in a complete reduction in penalties and final tax assessment of $27.00.
- Habibi v. Commissioner (Docket No. 19457-09) Successfully challenged proposed tax deficiency in the amount of $147,018 and a fraud penalty in the amount of $110,263.50, resulting in a final deficiency in the amount of $28,147 and penalties in the amount of $16,596.85.
- State v. Williams (Case No: CT120717B) Prince George's County Circuit Court Successfully argued that client was not responsible for various felony and misdemeanor white-collar crimes and tax evasion charges.
- McAdams v. Commissioner (Docket No. 28818-12S): Successfully challenged proposed tax deficiencies of $29,518 and penalties of $12,729 to result in a refund of tax and no assessed penalties.
- Johnson v. Commissioner (Docket No. 31017-09) Successfully challenged proposed tax deficiency in the amount of $20,722 and penalties in the amount of $9,534.43, resulting in a final deficiency in the amount of $2,624 and penalties in the amount of $1,351.
- Doucet v. Commissioner (Docket No. 25341-11) Successfully challenged proposed tax deficiency of $72,142 and penalties of $29,741 relating to Petitioner's professional gambling activities, resulted in no tax or penalties due.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Glen holds a Master Captain's License with the United States Coast Guard and is authorized to operate for charter inspected vessels of up to 50 Gross Tons.
- Glen has testified as an expert witness in a criminal tax sentencing in United States District Court.
- LL.M. in Taxation, University of Baltimore School of Law , 2009
- Certificate in Estate Planning, University of Baltimore School of Law, 2009
- M.S., Forensic Accounting, Stevenson University, 2006
- B.S. in Accounting, cum laude, Stevenson University. National Dean’s List. Villa Julie Accounting Association, Member, 2006
- ABA May Meeting - Tax Section Changes at IRS Appeals - Panelist, May, 2017, Panelist, ABA May Meeting, American Bar Association, 2017
- MSBA 2017 Annual Meeting - Trump Tax Jeopardy/Point-Counterpoint Debate, Co Speaker, Ocean City, MD, June, 2017, Co Speaker, MSBA 2017 Annual Meeting, Maryland State Bar Association, 2017
- Anne Arundel Bar Association 2017 Bar Weekend - Panelist - Horses, Hobbies, and Foreign Accounts - Salamander Resort, VA, March, 2017, Panelist, AABA 2017 Bar Weekend, Anne Arundel Bar Association, 2017
- MSBA 2016 Annual Meeting - International Tax Matters and FATCA Compliance - Speaker, Ocean City, MD, June, 2016, Speaker, MSBA 2016 Annual Meeting, Maryland State Bar Association, 2016
- MSBA Taxation Section comments and recommendations relating to the temporary regulations on Passive Foreign Investment Corporations, March, 2014, MSBA Taxation Section, Maryland State Bar Association, 2014
- MSBA 2014 Annual Meeting - Tax Controversy Lecturer - Ocean City, MD, June, 2014, Lecturer, MSBA 2014 Annual Meeting, Maryland State Bar Association, 2014
- MSBA April Bar Bulletin, April, 2014, MSBA April Bar Bulletin, Maryland State Bar Association, 2014
- Speaker at the Maryland State Bar Association's Annual Meeting presenting on various topics, 2013, Speaker, MSBA 2013 Annual Meeting, Maryland State Bar Association, 2013
- MSBA 2013 Annual Meeting, presented various topics - Ocean City, MD, June, 2013, Presenter, MSBA 2013 Annual Meeting, Maryland State Bar Association, 2013
- MASSIVE IRS HIRING: Get Your Books in Order, Howard County Business Monthly, MASSIVE IRS HIRING: Get Your Books in Order, Howard County Business Monthly
- The New 1099-K: No Longer to be Ignored, Maryland State Bar Association, Inc, Fall, 2012, The New 1099-K: No Longer to be Ignored, Maryland State Bar Association, 2012
- Certified Financial Planner®, 2017
- Recognized for Tax Law by The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers: Best Lawyer, https://www.bestlawyers.com/lawyers/glen-frost/279146, 2023
- Leading Lawyers 2020-2021
- Selected to Super Lawyers Maryland Rising Stars for years 2013-2022, Super Lawyers Maryland Rising Stars, https://profiles.superlawyers.com/maryland/annapolis/lawyer/glen-frost/bbafebfe-842d-4c9a-aa2a-cbce3d71e967.html, 2013
- AV Rated By Martindale Hubbell, 2019
- Attorney-CPA Foundation Award
- Phi Delta Phi Honors Fraternity, Member
Office location for Glen Frost
839 Bestgate Rd
Annapolis, MD 21401
- Super Lawyers: 2024
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2023