Alex S. Katzenberg, III
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Baltimore, MD
A partner at Cohen, Snyder, Eisenberg & Katzenberg, P.A., located in Baltimore, Maryland, Alex S. Katzenberg III has 40 years of experience representing his clients throughout the state. He focuses his practice primarily on plaintiff's personal injury and wrongful death litigation, including cases involving medical malpractice and motor vehicle accidents. Mr. Katzenberg also represents clients who are seeking their rightful workers' compensation benefits after becoming injured on the job or contracting an occupational disease, and he has experience in defending people who are facing charges of driving under the influence.
Mr. Katzenberg graduated from the University of Virginia with a Bachelor of Arts in 1973. He then pursued his legal studies at the University of Baltimore School of Law and received his Juris Doctor in 1976. He is admitted to practice before all Maryland state courts.
Representing hundreds of clients throughout his career, Mr. Katzenberg has been able to obtain many favorable settlements and jury awards and settlements on their behalf. He has also served as a civil mediator in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City since 1991. Highly regarded by his fellow professionals, Mr. Katzenberg has received a Distinguished* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Katzenberg is a member of several legal organizations, including the Maryland State Bar Association, The Bar Association of Baltimore City and the Maryland Association for Justice, Inc. He has served as President and continues as a member of the Board of Directors of the Maryland Workers' Compensation Educational Association. Active in his community as well, Mr. Katzenberg is a former member of the Board of Directors of the Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital, and he serves as an auxiliary firefighter for the Baltimore City Fire Department.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Alex S. Katzenberg, III
First Admitted: 1976
Professional Webpage: http://www.coseklaw.com/Attorneys/Alex-S-Katzenberg-Iii.shtm...
- Bd. of Trustees for Fire & Police Empl. Ret. Sys.v. Mitchell 145Md.App.1, 800A2d.803,(2002)Keys v. Chrysler Credit Corp. 303 Md.397, 494A2d.200,(1985)McNutt v. Duke Prescion Dental& Orthod.Labs,Inc. 698F2d.676(4thCir.1983)
- Maryland Workers' Compensation Educational Association,President-2016; Board of Directors, 2006 - Present
- Box 414 Association, Inc., Recording Secretary, 2000 - Present
- Box 414 Association, Inc., Past President, 1994 - 1996
- Box 414 Association, Inc., Board of Directors, 1999 - Present
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- The Bar Association of Baltimore City, Member
- Civil Mediator, Circuit Court for Baltimore City, 1991 - Present
- Maryland, 1976
Pro bono/Community Service
- Suburban Club, Board of Governors, 1999 - 2005
- Suburban Club, President, 2005 - 2007
- Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission Special Committee on Infectious Diseases, 2002
- Greater Baltimore Committee, Fire Department Subcommittee, 2000
- Auxiliary Firefighter, Baltimore City Fire Department, 1977 - Present
- Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital, Board of Governors, 1998 - 2004
- University of Virginia, B.A. - 1973
Last Updated: 5/15/2022