Alexander J. Zarzecki
Top rated elder law attorney in Baltimore, MarylandFrank, Frank & Scherr, LLC
Alexander J. Zarzecki is an estate planning and elder law attorney at Frank, Frank & Scherr, LLC, in Baltimore, Maryland. Mr. Zarzecki handles estate planning matters such as probate, trusts and wills, as well as complex elder law cases involving guardianships, medical assistance planning and special needs planning. He represents clients throughout the Baltimore metropolitan area.
Mr. Zarzecki graduated with honors from the University of Maryland in 2009 with a bachelor’s degree in accounting. He went on to receive his law degree from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2012. He is a certified elder law attorney through the National Elder Law Foundation and qualified to practice law before all Maryland state courts.
Committed to professional education, Mr. Zarzecki co-taught elder law as an adjunct professor at the University of Baltimore School of Law and lectured at continuing legal education courses for the Maryland State Bar Association. He regularly teaches an elder law course at Johns Hopkins University and is a former guest speaker at several higher education institutions, including the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law and Towson University.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Zarzecki is an active member of many professional organizations. He belongs to the Baltimore County Bar Association, the Maryland State Bar Association, the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the National Elder Law Foundation. Serving in community leadership positions, he sits on the board of First Maryland Disability Trust, a nonprofit organization offering trust management services and special needs trusts.
Practice areasElder law, Estate planning & probate
Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 50% Elder law
- 50% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 2012, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.frankelderlaw.com/attorney/zarzecki-alexander-j-...
- Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) from the National Elder Law Foundation (NELF) in 2019
- Rising Star, Maryland Super Lawyers, 2019 - 2021
- MSBA - Medicaid Nuts and Bolts – 10/10/2019
- Teacher, Legal Issues and the Elderly, Odyssey Program at Johns Hopkins University
- Adjunct Professor, Elder Law, University of Baltimore School of Law
- MSBA – ABLE, Special Needs Trusts and the New Program Operations Manual System (POMS) – 3/29/2018
- MSBA – Hot Topics in Elder Law – 6/5/2019
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland, 2012
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- University of Maryland, B.S. in Accounting, with Honors, 2009
- Gilman School, 2005
- Board Member of First Maryland Disability Trust, 2021
- National Elder Law Foundation
Office location for Alexander J. Zarzecki
Mt. Washington Mill
1340 Smith Avenue, Suite 300
Baltimore, MD 21209
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023