Alice G. Pinderhughes
Top rated family law attorney in Baltimore, MarylandAlice G. Pinderhughes, P.A.
Practice Areas: Family law, Real estate
Licensed in Maryland since: 1977
Education: The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law
Alice G. Pinderhughes, P.A.201 N Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21201-4102 Visit website
Alice Pinderhughes is the founder and principal of Alice G. Pinderhughes, P.A., a full-service law firm serving clients in Baltimore and surrounding areas of Maryland. Drawing from more than 35 years of experience representing individuals, families, churches, small businesses, Fortune 500 companies, municipalities and others, Ms. Pinderhughes provides exceptional legal counsel and representation for a wide range of legal needs. The majority of her practice, however, is focused on matters involving business and corporate law, family law and estate planning. She is also a certified mediator who uses both mediation techniques and her extensive experience handling sensitive legal issues to achieve results.
A Baltimore native, Ms. Pinderhughes received her Juris Doctor from the Catholic University of America's Columbus School of Law in Washington, D.C. and began her legal career as a law clerk for the Honorable David T. Mason of the Maryland Court of Special Appeals (1976-1977). She has been licensed to practice law in Maryland since 1977, is also admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and manages the Alice G. Pinderhughes Scholarship Fund, established in honor of her mother who was the first woman and first African-American superintendent of the Baltimore public school system.
Practice areasFamily law, Real estate: business
- 50% Family law
- 50% Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1977, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.alicegpinderhugheslaw.com/attorney/alice-g-pinde...
- In 2004 Alice G. Pinderhughes was selected as one of Maryland's Top 100 Women by the Daily Record.
- In 2007 Alice G. Pinderhughes was selected for the Maryland's Top 100 Minority Business Enterprise Award., Maryland Top 100 Women , Daily Record, 2004
- Alice G. Pinderhughes is certified as a mediator and has performed extensive mediations for the United States Postal Service, the Circuit Court for Baltimore City, and the Orphans' Court for Baltimore City.
- Board of Trustees, Health and Welfare Council, 1985-1990
- Chairperson, Maryland Affordable Housing Trust 1992 to the present
- Board of Trustees, Provident Hospital 1977-1984
- Judicial Nominating Commission 2003-2007
- Board of Directors, The Better Business Bureau, Inc. 1992-1996
- Board of Directors, Maryland Housing Resource Corporation, 1986-1992
- Board of Directors, Baltimore Council for Equal Business Opportunity, Inc. 1980-1992
- Board of Trustees, YWCA 1978-1980
- Judicial Compensation Commission 1993 to Present
- Board of Directors, the Baltimore City Chamber of Commerce 1992-1995
- Chairperson Maryland Hoursing Resource Corporation 1986-1992
- President Parent's Association Gilman School 1990-1993
- Board of Trustees, American Red Cross 1983-1989
- Civil Service Commission 2007 to 2017
- Board of Trustees, Legal Mutual 1995-2005
- Investment Committee, The Diocese of Maryland 1992- 1997
- Board of Trustees, Maryland General Hospital 1992-1999
- Board of Trustees, The Gilman School, 1990-1993
- The Liquor Board of Baltimore City , East Baltimore Enterprise, Inc. Gay Street Partnership LLC, Rent A Wreck of Randallstown, Carter Memorial Church of God in Christ, Sabra Spears State Farm Insurance Agency, Union Baptist Church, First Apostolic Faith Church, The Baltimore Times, All Staffing,Inc. Community Care Nursing Services, Inc., All About You Health Care, Inc., Great Blacks in Wax, St. James Episcopal Church, St. Mary's Episcopal Church, and David Grooms Agency Nationwide Insurance
- Eastern Area Parliamentarian for the Links, Incorporated, a service organization, 2003-2011
- Alice G. Pinderhughes, President of Pinderhughes Title, Inc. has conducted commercial real estate settlements for developers in Baltimore City and surrounding areas that have been in excess of millions of dollars. Additionally, Alice G. Pinderhughes has acted as general counsel to numerous ecclesiastical institutions and some of these cases have reached settlements and some have gone to the appellate courts.
- Goucher College, B.A., in Political Science With Honors, 1973
- Maryland, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1979
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, 1977
- Monumental Bar Association of Baltimore City
- U.S. Federal Court, 1978
- Member, American Bar Association
- Fellow, Maryland State Bar
- District of Columbia, 1980
- Member, Women's Bar Association, 1982
- Member, Federal Bar Association, 1985
- Member, Baltimore City Bar Association, 1977
Office location for Alice G. Pinderhughes
201 N Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21201-4102
- Super Lawyers: 2008, 2012 - 2023