Justin P. Katz
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Baltimore, MarylandGordon Feinblatt LLC
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation
Licensed in Maryland since: 2004
Justin Katz is a Partner at Bob Katz Law the Personal Injury Division at Gordon Feinblatt, LLC, one of Maryland’s premier law firms. He is admitted to practice in Maryland, Washington D.C., and Virginia. Justin has spent his entire career handling a wide array of complex personal injury matters, including motor vehicle collisions and automobile negligence claims, bus and trucking accidents, uninsured/underinsured motorist claims, swimming pool and drowning accidents, wrongful death, traumatic brain injuries, animal attacks and dog bites, workers’ compensation claims and first-and third-party bad faith claims.
In 2011, Justin was named a “Rising Star” by Maryland Super Lawyers and continued to receive this recognition in every year that has since followed. He has also been selected to membership in the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 organization, as well as the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 for every year since 2015. He has a Superb 10/10 rating on AVVO.
Justin is admitted to and practices throughout the District and Circuit Courts of Maryland and Virginia, the Maryland Court of Special Appeals, and the United States District Court for the State of Maryland, the Superior Court for the District of Columbia and the United States District Court for the Commonwealth of Virginia (Eastern District).
Prior to joining with his father’s practice, from 2004 until 2011, Justin began his legal career at a pre-eminent and highly respected Plaintiff’s personal injury practice where he received extensive first-chair trial experience and tried hundreds of cases to verdict. In 2011, Justin joined the Bob Katz Personal Injury Group to work with his father and is proud to have been able to continue his legal education under the mentorship of his father, a distinguished personal injury attorney in his own right.
Justin received his J.D. from Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law and his B.A. from Washington University in St. Louis.
He is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association, the Montgomery County (MD) Bar Association, the Prince George’s County (MD) Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Virginia Bar Association and the Fairfax Virginia Bar Association. He is also an active member of the Maryland Association for Justice and the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, both Plaintiffs’ advocacy organizations in Maryland and Virginia, respectively. Justin has previously co-chaired the auto-negligence section of the Maryland Association for Justice (formerly known as the Maryland Trial Lawyers Association).
His Practice Group handles a wide array of personal injury matters. The complete listing of accepted case types is below:
Our Practice Areas Include:
Worker’s Compensation / Work-related Accidents
Slip and Fall Injuries (Premises Liability)
Tour Bus Accidents
Wrongful Death / Fatal Accidents
Claims for Conscious Pain and Suffering
Traumatic Head and Brain Injury
Dog Bites / Animal Attacks / Animal Liability
Negligent Food Poisoning / Food Bourne Illness
Elevator / Escalator Accident
Nursing Home Abuse / Neglect
Sick Building Syndrome
Abrasions, Scarring, Disfigurement
Fire/Burn Related Injuries
Insurance Bad Faith
Breach of Insurance Contract Litigation
Other Complex Litigation Matters
First Admitted: 2004, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.gfrlaw.com/who-we-are/attorneys/katz-justin-p
- $175,000.00 verdict in Circuit Court for Prince George's County for a girl who broke her arm when she was hit by a car while crossing the street in the crosswalk. This verdict was in excess of the defendant driver's $100,000.00 insurance State Farm Insurance policy. State Farm's lawyer disputed liability, arguing that their driver was not at fault and that our client, although a minor child, was contributorily negligent and barred from recovery. State Farm chose not to make a settlement offer in this case, which forced the case to trial and exposed its insured driver to an excess verdict. Although the defendant driver only had $100,000.00 in liability insurance, the insurance company ultimately ended up paying more than its insured's policy limits since it made the wrong decision in forcing this case to trial., 2011
- Justin and a Texas Lawyer recovered $1.25 million in a Virginia swimming pool drowning matter on behalf of a mother and father whose child was lost due to lifeguarding negligence, 2016
- Negotiated an $850,000.00 settlement for a Maryland woman who was injured when an unleashed dog knocked her over causing her to sustain a hip fracture, 2017
- Justin Katz and Kevin Goldberg obtained a $500,000.00 verdict from a Prince George's County jury on behalf of a lady who slipped and fell on a dangerous ceramic tile surface. Prior to trial, the Defendant did not make a settlement offer., 2007
- Negotiated a $400,000.00 settlement for a woman who was injured when a truck abruptly changed lanes and struck her vehicle causing a severe neck injury resulting in an emergency surgical procedure and a difficult recovery., 2018
- Author, Apologies Don't Sink Ships in Ohio, Topics, Medical Malpractice, 2018
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2018