Leah K. Barron
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Baltimore, MarylandBrown & Barron, LLC
Attorney Leah K. Barron is a founding partner of Brown & Barron, LLC, law firm in Baltimore, Maryland. A highly rated, award-winning trial lawyer with more than 11 years of legal experience, Ms. Barron devotes her practice to advocating on behalf of those who have suffered injury or loss as a result of another party's negligence or wrongdoing, and she currently maintains a specific focus on claims arising from nursing home abuse and neglect.
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Barron has achieved significant success fighting on behalf of plaintiff clients throughout the greater Baltimore and Washington, D.C. metro areas, and she has gained a reputation for delivering top-notch, highly personalized counsel and dedicated support to those she serves throughout all legal proceedings. From her efforts, she has recovered numerous substantial settlements and verdicts for her plaintiff clients, and she has earned recognition as one of the leading trial advocates in the country.
Among her most notable accolades, Ms. Barron has received a Top 100 Trial Lawyer and Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer designation from the National Trial Lawyers along with other top rankings and endorsements from her peers. She has also received many positive testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients, and she finds great reward in being able to help so many families in her area hold those who are responsible for their loved ones' pain and suffering accountable for their actions.
A summa cum laude graduate of Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, Ms. Barron began her legal career in 2008 after obtaining her Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School and her license to practice from the Maryland State Bar Association. While pursuing her legal degree, she was active with the Harvard Human Rights Journal, serving as the publication's editor, and she received honors for her outstanding contributions to various public interest works.
A leader in her legal community, Ms. Barron is a member of the Legislative Leaders Circle for the Maryland Association of Justice, where she has also served as an editor of the organization's Trial Reporter magazine. She has also served on the Law Schools Committee of the American Association for Justice, and she is an active member of the American Bar Association and the Maryland State Bar Association, among her other professional affiliations.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 50% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2008, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.brownbarron.com/our-team/leah-k-barron/
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa
- American Association for Justice Law Schools Committee
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Maryland Association for Justice, Member
- Nursing Home Litigation Section of AAJ, Active Member
- Nursing Home Section of MAJ, Active Member
- Harvard Law School, Harvard Human Rights Journal, Editor
- Was a panelist for the Maryland Association of Justice seminar titled "The Remote Law Firm.", 2020
- Spoke at seminar for "Lawyer Mastermind," which was attended virtually by over 1000 lawyers. Delivered a presentation discussing how to keep your law firm moving forward during the pandemic shutdown., 2020
- Authored an article in MAJ's Trial Reporter titled, "What Can Plaintiffs' Firms Do to Promote Equity?", 2020
- Served on a three-person panel for an MAJ seminar titled, The Remote Law Firm, 2020
- , National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff, National Trial Lawyers, 2020
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers, 2019
- Super Lawyer
Office location for Leah K. Barron
7 St. Paul St
Baltimore, MD 21202
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2024