Michael J. Belsky
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Baltimore, MarylandSchlachman, Belsky, Weiner & Davey, P.A.
Partner at Schlachman, Belsky, Weiner & Davey, P.A., in Baltimore, Maryland, Michael J. Belsky serves clients with personal injury, civil defense and criminal defense matters. With over 25 years of experience practicing law, Mr. Belsky represents clients throughout Maryland with wrongful death/survival action, trucking and commercial vehicle accidents, sexual abuse cases, medical negligence, human trafficking, products liability, premises liability, criminal defense and complex civil litigation matters.
Mr. Belsky has a reputation for being caring and empathetic with any case he takes. He is aware of the sensitive nature of these cases and handles them in a compassionate manner. Mr. Belsky provides fierce and dedicated legal services with customized strategies for each client. He has handled many complex and high-profile cases throughout Maryland, and has received numerous testimonials from satisfied clients.
Graduating cum laude, Mr. Belsky has a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Maryland with a major in English literature. He graduated with honors and obtained his Juris Doctor from the Temple University Beasley School of Law. While in law school, he won second place in the Polsky Moot Court Competition, he was a member of the Temple University Beasley School of Law’s nationally renowned trial team and he received the American Jurisprudence Award in legal writing and research.
In addition to being a zealous advocate in the courtroom, Mr. Belsky is known for his teaching and activism. He is an adjunct professor in trial advocacy at the University of Baltimore School of Law. He is also actively involved in local and national news programs about prominent cases and legal issues. Mr. Belsky was rated Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished*.
Mr. Belsky is admitted to practice throughout the state of Maryland and in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland. For his exceptional and professional service in the pro bono field, Mr. Belsky was the recipient of the Lee A. Caplan Award for his work with House of Ruth, helping victims of domestic violence navigate the legal system. He is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Maryland State Bar Association and the Maryland Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Criminal Defense
Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Defense, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death
- 60% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 1995, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://sbwlaw.com/attorneys/michael-j-belsky/
- Adjunct professor at the University of Baltimore, School of Law in trial advocacy
- University of Maryland, College Park, B.A. in English Literature, Honors: cum laude
- Won Second Place in the Polsky Moot Court Competition, Temple University School of Law
- Winner, Lee A. Caplan award for Pro Bono Service for his Work with Victims of Domestic Violence, 2009
- Member of Temple's Nationally Renowned Trial Team, Temple University School of Law
- since 2011, Super Lawyers
- Awarded the American Jurisprudence Award in Legal Writing & Research, Temple University School of Law
- Moot Court Team, Temple University School of Law
- American Association for Justice
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland, 1995
- Maryland Association for Justice
Office location for Michael J. Belsky
300 E Lombard St
Baltimore, MD 21202
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2024