Daniel S. Shaivitz
Top rated personal injury attorney in Bethesda, MarylandBulman Dunie Burke & Feld, Chartered
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Civil litigation; view more
Licensed in Maryland since: 2004
Education: The University of Maryland School of Law
Bulman Dunie Burke & Feld, Chartered4610 Elm Street
Bethesda, MD 20815 Visit website
Daniel S. Shaivitz is an attorney with almost two decades of experience in the field of legal advocacy. He is a partner at the firm Bulman, Dunie, Burke & Feld, which is located in Bethesda, Maryland. Hailing from Baltimore County, Maryland, he is now a resident of Montgomery County, where he concentrates his practice. He strives to provide legal assistance to his clients on issues related to personal injury, family law and general civil litigation, incorporating methods of alternative dispute resolution.
Mr. Shaivitz graduated cum laude from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey with a bachelor’s degree in 2001. He attended the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law and completed his law degree in 2004. During this tenure, he got the opportunity to serve as an associate managing editor of the Journal of Health Care Law and Policy. He is licensed to practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia, and is admitted to appear before the federal courts of Maryland and the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
Having worked for nearly seven years with another reputed firm in the state, Mr. Shaivitz earned invaluable experience in his area of practice before joining Bulman, Dunie, Burke & Feld. He has active affiliations with many prestigious legal associations including the Maryland State Bar Association and the Montgomery County Bar Association. He was a barrister at the Montgomery County Maryland American Inn of Court and continues to be a member of the Judicial Selections Panel committee of the Montgomery County Bar Association.
Mr. Shaivitz gives priority to giving back to his community in whichever way possible, taking out significant time from his life to do so. In recognition of his efforts, he was honored with the Montgomery County Maryland Bar Foundation Community Service Award. His quality of service has also attained him a “Very Good” rating on Avvo. In addition, he has authored several articles on relevant topics in his area of legal expertise which were published in prestigious law journals.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Civil litigation: plaintiff
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 90% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2004, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.bulmandunie.com/attorneys/dan-shaivitz/
- Maryland State Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Judicial Selections Panel Committee
- Montgomery County Inns of Court, Barrister 2011-2013
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Author, “Medicate-to-Execute: Current Trends in Death Penalty Jurisprudence and the Perils of Dual Loyalty” (Journal of Health Care Law & Police, Spring 2004)
- Montgomery County Maryland Bar Foundation Community Service Award
- Maryland Super Lawyers every year since 2012
- B.S., Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, cum laude, 2001
Office location for Daniel S. Shaivitz
4610 Elm Street
Bethesda, MD 20815
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2013, 2015 - 2019