Robin B. Taub
Top rated Family Law attorney in Bethesda, MarylandParadiso, Taub, Sinay, Owel & Kostecka, P.C.
Attorney Robin B. Taub is a partner with Paradiso, Taub, Sinay, Owel & Kostecka, PC, in Bethesda, Maryland. A nationally ranked lawyer with more than 37 years of experience, Ms. Taub focuses her practice solely on family law, and she provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Washington, D.C., metro and surrounding areas who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal issue affecting their families.
Certified as a mediator and arbitrator with extensive experience in collaborative law, Ms. Taub strives to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable agreements without the need for expensive and time-consuming court battles. She is a fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers, founding member of the Maryland Collaborative Divorce Association, she has served on the Board of the D.C. Academy of Collaborative Professionals, she has served as Co-chair to the Ethics Committee for the Maryland Collaborative Practice Council, and she is an active member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
A leader in her field, Ms. Taub has co-authored a number of ethical guidelines and other reference texts for collaborative associations across her region, and she has conducted numerous lectures and continuing legal education seminars for area law schools, Bar Associations, and collaborative practice groups on a variety of topics related to family law. She has also testified before the Maryland Legislature regarding the proposed implementation of the Uniform Collaborative Law Act, and she has served several court appointments in Maryland and D.C. as an ADR mediator, as well as a best interest attorney.
Honored for her impeccable professionalism and outstanding legal abilities, Ms. Taub is AV Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell and has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America.** She has also received many other top rankings and endorsements from her peers as well as numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 1980 magna cum laude graduate of Duke University, Ms. Taub returned to her alma mater and obtained her Juris Doctor from Duke University School of Law in 1983. She is an active member of the Maryland State Bar Association, and its Family Law Section, as well as the Family Law Section of the Montgomery County Bar Association. In addition to being a fellow with the prestigious International Academy of Family Lawyers, she is a member of the District of Columbia Bar, the Maryland Bar, and the Women’s Bar Association of Maryland, among her other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
**Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasFamily Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Mediation, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Prenuptial Agreements
- 80% Family Law
- 20% Alternative Dispute Resolution
First Admitted: 1983, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.familylawattys.com/attorney/robin-taub/
- , Washington's Top Lawyers, Washingtonian Magazine
- Fellow, International Academy of Family Lawyers
- , Super Lawyers
- , Best Lawyers of America
- Fellow, International Academy of Family Lawyers
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Women’s Bar Association of Maryland
- Maryland Collaborative Practice Council, Ethics Committee, Co-Chairman (2009–2016)
- District of Columbia Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Founding Member, Maryland Collaborative Divorce Association, Inc.
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member, Family Law Section
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member, Family Law Section
- District of Columbia Bar, Member, Family Law Section
- Bethesda Country Club Board of Directors (2012-present)
- Bethesda Country Club (2013 - present)
- Her Wealth Advisory Board Member (2017-present)
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington, Board of Directors, (1996-2011), Council of Advisors (2012-present)
- Duke University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1980
- mediation, arbitration, collaborative law
Office location for Robin B. Taub
7910 Woodmont Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2024