Andrew T. Burnett
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Bowie, MD
Selected to Rising Stars: 2014 - 2021
Andrew T. Burnett is an attorney at Potter Burnett Law situated in Bowie, Maryland. He centers his practice exclusively around personal injury matters, with a special focus on medical malpractice and nursing home abuse. With over 13 years of legal experience, he has immense experience in the legal field.
Graduating cum laude, Mr. Burnett has a Bachelor of Science degree in marketing from the State University of New York at Oswego. He obtained his Master of Business Administration degree, cum laude, from the University of Baltimore, Merrick School of Business. He earned his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from the University of Baltimore, School of Law.
Mr. Burnett is a compassionate attorney, who is passionate about fighting for those who have faced the negative consequences of medical malpractice and insurance companies that pay very little compensation. He is a zealous advocate for his clients’ rights and liberties and has an unwavering commitment to their needs.
Licensed to practice in Maryland and Washington, D.C., Mr. Burnett previously served as a prosecutor for Anne Arundel County, where he gained invaluable experience convicting criminals who are accused of various crimes. After which, he joined a firm where he represented doctors and hospitals in major lawsuits.
Mr. Burnett saw the sufferings and pain that patients of medical negligence were facing and realized that he wanted to fight for the victims of negligence instead of giant companies. Using his extensive experience of having defended big businesses to his clients’ advantage, he provides sound and dedicated counsel to his clients.
For his remarkable contributions in the legal field and for his exceptional work, Mr. Burnett has been included on The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 list for five years in a row. He was also voted to the Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys Under Age 40 list by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys.
Actively affiliated with the legal community, Mr. Burnett is a member of the Annapolis Board of Appeals, the Maryland Bar Foundation, Prince George’s County Bar Association, the Maryland Association for Justice, the American Association for Justice, the Maryland State Bar Association and Anne Arundel County Bar Association.
- 50%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2021
About Andrew T. Burnett
First Admitted: 2008, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.potterburnettlaw.com/attorneys/andrew-burnett/
- Philip Morris USA, Inc. v. Christensen: “A Class Action Claim Can Toll the Statute of Limitations for Individual, Unnamed Members of the Class as Long as the Defendant is Provided with Sufficient Notice.”, University of Baltimore Law Forum
- Successful and Ethical Representation of Individuals with a Cognitive Disability, Maryland Association of Justice – Trial Reporter – Fall 2019
- Mayor & City Council of Balto. v. Whalen: “Tort Claims Against a Municipality by an Individual Injured Within the Boundaries of a Public Park Are Barred by Governmental Immunity.”, University of Baltimore Law Forum
- ‘A Rising Star’ in Maryland, 2020, Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- Top 40 under 40—National Trial Lawyers Association, 2017 - 2021
- Rising Star—Super Lawyers, 2021
- ‘A Rising Star’ in Maryland, Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2019
- ‘A Rising Star’ in Maryland, Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2018
- ‘A Rising Star’ in Maryland, Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2017
- ‘A Rising Star’ in Maryland, Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2016
- ‘A Rising Star’ in Maryland, Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2015
- ‘A Rising Star’ in Maryland, Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2014
- Maryland Association of Justice
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association, New Lawyers Committee (2010 – 2014)
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association, Member (2010-Present)
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member (2015-Present)
- American Association for Justice, Member (2016-Present)
- Maryland Association for Justice, Member (2016-Present)
- Prince George’s County Bar Association, Member (2016-Present)
- Maryland Bar Foundation, Fellow (2017-Present)
- Annapolis Board of Appeals (2017 – Present)
- Washington, D.C.
- Merrick School of Business, Masters of Business Administration
- State University of New York at Oswego, Cum Laude, B.S. in Marketing
- Please welcome our newest hire Fougeley Denis to the Potter Burnett family. https://t.co/b3EIjpTLc2
- Debbie is always honored to speak to other Trial Attorneys spreading her 30 years of experience with others. This w… https://t.co/xIqr63iFYB
- Read the blog to learn more about one of our support staff members, law clerk Jonathan Mack, as presented in an FAQ… https://t.co/ywHcEKHKug
- Learn more about one of our support staff members, law clerk Natalie Gibson, as presented in an FAQ format. https://t.co/cnCs9Oc5a9
- This month PBL lawyers Suzanne Burnett, Alexa Casavecchia and Alicen Jobes attend a Maryland Association for Justic… https://t.co/c3UIX2jNcu
Last Updated: 6/30/2022