Karen D. Amos
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Clarksville, MD
For more than 30 years, Karen D. Amos has represented clients in the Baltimore, Maryland, metropolitan area, primarily in Howard County, Maryland. Her legal practice is focused on family law issues such as custody, divorce and same-sex family law, and she serves as a best interest attorney appointed by the courts. She also handles legal matters of mediation, appellate litigation, premarital agreements, paternity, interstate custody disputes, child visitation, property distribution, marital settlements agreements, and contested and uncontested divorces.
Admitted to practice in the state of Maryland, Ms. Amos has over two decades of experience. She is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court and teaches media law at Towson University as an adjunct professor. For several years, she served as the Family Law Committee’s Chairperson within the Howard County Bar Association.
Ms. Amos obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 1990. She is currently a member of the Maryland State Bar Association’s Family & Juvenile Law Section and the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts. An experienced writer, she has published pieces in the Maryland State Bar Association’s Family Law News. A well-recognized, ethical, knowledgeable and experienced attorney, she is also a frequent lecturer and presenter.
To give back to her community, Ms. Amos participated in the Maryland Court of Appeals Mentor Program and supervised high school interns who showed interest in entering the legal profession. For the Maryland Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, she was an auxiliary member of the Coordinating Committee.
About Karen D. Amos
First Admitted: 1990, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://kdalaw.com/team/karen-d-amos/
- Reported cases: Welsh v. Welsh 135 Md. App. 29 (2000), MCR of America v. Greene 148 Md. App. 91 (2002), Downey v. Sharp 428 Md. 249 (2012), Karsenty v. Schoukroun, 406 Md. 469 (2008)
Other Outstanding Achievements
- 1998- present -Adjunct Professor, Media Law, Towson University
- J.D- University of Baltimore School of Law , 1990
- Certified in Collaborative Law, 2010
- Certified as a Best Interest Attorney , 2011
- Chairperson- Family Law Committee, Howard County, Maryland , 2013
- Co-chair of the Family Law Committee, Howard County, Maryland, 2022
- Chairperson, Family Law Committee, Howard County, Maryland , 2012
- Chairperson, Family Law Committee, Howard County, Maryland , 2011
- Chairperson, Family Law Committee, Howard County, Maryland , 2001
- Chairperson, Family Law Committee, Howard County, Maryland, 2000
- Chairperson, Family Law Committee, Howard County, Maryland , 2013
Pro bono/Community Service
- Supervised Gifted and Talented Howard County high school interns interested in the legal profession. , 2022
- Participation in Mentor Program, Court of Appeals, Maryland , 2013
- Participation in Mentor Program- Court of Appeals, Maryland , 2012
- Member of Divorce Source
Last Updated: 7/18/2022