Gregory A. Dorsey
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Columbia, MarylandKelly | Dorsey, P.C.
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Business & Corporate, Employment Litigation; view more
Licensed in Maryland since: 1996
Education: University of Baltimore School of Law
Kelly | Dorsey, P.C.10320 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044 Visit website
With nearly 27 years of experience in the practice of law, Mr. Dorsey uses his combined litigation and business acumen to balance the client’s overall interests with the client’s objectives in resolving complex litigation matters. Mr. Dorsey’s practice focuses on complex business and commercial litigation, but he is often engaged in employment litigation, fiduciary litigation, tort litigation, real estate litigation, and disputes in other areas of the law, including “white collar” investigations and litigation affecting the rights and liberties of individuals. Mr. Dorsey represents plaintiffs and defendants in litigation across a broad spectrum of industries including technology, energy, health care, entertainment, food service, legal, and professional services. He has fought against and beside lawyers from the country’s largest law firms. Whether you are a former professional athlete, judge, lawyer, medical doctor, entrepreneur, or owner of a business large or small, you can count yourself among those who have engaged Mr. Dorsey to successfully resolve their legal dispute.
Mr. Dorsey also advises clients in corporate and strategic business matters, including corporate formation and management issues, stockholder and membership rights and disputes, complex business contracts, commercial leases, acquisitions, franchising, protection, commercialization, and defense of intellectual property, corporate governance, employment matters, and daily operational concerns. In this capacity, he gains direct insight into the business concerns of the client, which proves invaluable to stave off or deal with litigation.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Business/Corporate, Employment Litigation: Defense, Intellectual Property Litigation, Media and Advertising
Business Organizations, Contracts, Defamation, Employment Law - Employer, Limited Liability Companies, Non-Compete Agreements, Partnership, Retaliation, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Trade Secret, Wrongful Termination
First Admitted: 1996, Maryland
Professional Webpage: http://kellydorseylaw.com/Attorneys/Gregory%20A.%20Dorsey%20...
- University of Baltimore School of Law, 1996
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore (B.S., Computer Science), 1990
- The Centers of Influence Awards program honors the leadership, innovation, impact and success of the Baltimore region’s most enterprising accountants, attorneys and bankers. Mr. Dorsey was one of sixteen attorney award recipients, Center of Influence Awards Honoree, Baltimore SmartCEO, 2016
- Board Member, Community Leadership Board, Y of Central Maryland, 2018
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, 2021
- Member, Legislative Affairs, Business Regulations & Operations Subcommittee, Howard County Chamber of Commerce, 2019
- Chair, Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Committee, 8th Judicial District, 2014
- Member, American Bar Association Business Torts Committee, 2018
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA) Resolution of Fee Disputes Committee. Members of the Resolution of Fee Disputes Committee are assigned to act as Client Representatives and Arbitrators in the event of a fee dispute with their attorney, 2018
- Graduate of the Leadership Premier Program of Leadership Howard County, 2015
- Settlement Officer (judicially appointed), Circuit Court for Carroll County, Maryland, 2018
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of client in a $1.4M breach of patent purchase agreement case., 2021
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a church related to its $4.3M sale of real property on breach of contract and tort claims. Awarded prevailing party attorneys' fees in the amount of $99,138.50 . , 2021
- Obtained a final judgment and mechanic's lien in favor of a construction contractor related to work performed on commercial property located on Maryland's Eastern Shore. Defeated the owner's and general contractor's claim that the client's work was performed in an unworkmanlike manner and in breach of the construction contract., 2022
- Awarded prevailing party attorney's fees of $258,751.65 in breach of commercial lease case., 2020
- Obtained declaratory judgment in favor of client in breach of commercial lease case., 2019
Office location for Gregory A. Dorsey
10320 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023