Sara L. Schwartzman
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Columbia, MD
Selected to Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020
Attorney Sara L. Schwartzman is a partner with Family Legal Advocacy Group, LLC, which has offices located in Towson, Columbia and Rockville, Maryland. Widely regarded as an emerging leader in her field, Ms. Schwartzman has more than 14 years of legal experience, devoting her practice solely to family law. A top-rated lawyer, she provides invaluable counsel and support to clients across her region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Family law litigation
· Child custody and support
· Prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements
· Marital settlement agreements
· Protective orders
A highly compassionate attorney, Ms. Schwartzman fully understands the stress and anxiety her clients are experiencing regarding their situations, and she delivers personalized, caring counsel to help them make the best-informed decisions, and she seeks to empower her clients on taking an active role in the process so that they can better address the matters that will affect them and their loved ones for years to come.
Devoted to superior client service, she works hard to help her clients achieve their goals as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible, and she finds great reward in being able to help so many during their most dire times of need. Although an effective trial attorney with extensive family law litigation experience, Ms. Schwartzman is well-versed in mediation and assisting her clients with resolving their conflicts and reaching favorable agreements without the need for expensive, time-consuming and adversarial court battles.
Ms. Schwartzman graduated from George Washington University cum laude in 2003, where she was the recipient of the Women's Studies Scholarship Award. The then went on to attend the University of Maryland School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2006. She also holds her certification as a mediator. While pursuing her legal degree, she was a fellow with the Rose Zetzer Women Leadership and Equality Program, and she received the Maryland Public Interest Law Project grant.
Along with maintaining a successful legal practice, Ms. Schwartzman routinely volunteers her time and legal services to those less fortunate throughout her community, including serving as a volunteer attorney with the Howard County Family Law Assistance Program. She also serves as settlement court facilitator for the Circuit Court for Baltimore City, and she is an active member of the Maryland State Bar Association, the Baltimore County Bar Association and the Women’s Law Center of Maryland.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020
About Sara L. Schwartzman
First Admitted: 2006, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://flagfamilylaw.com/attorneys/sara-l-schwartzman-esq/
- Best Interest Attorney/Child Privilege Attorney/Child Advocate Attorney
- Parenting coordinator, 2020
- Family Law Mediator
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Attorney, Howard County Family Law Assistance Program
- Settlement Conference Facilitator, Circuit Court for Baltimore City Volunteer Attorney, Family Law Assistance Project, Circuit Court for Howard County
- George Washington University, Bachelor’s Degree, Cum Laude, With Honors, Women’s Studies Scholarship Award
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), 2021
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association Women's Law Center of Maryland Maryland Association for Justice Civil Justice Network
Last Updated: 5/15/2022