Nicholas J. Monteleone
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Cumberland, MD
Nicholas J. Monteleone is an attorney at the law firm of Hidey, Coyle & Monteleone in Cumberland, Allegany County, Maryland. For more than 35 years, Mr. Monteleone has maintained a successful practice in Allegany and Garrett Counties in Maryland, and in nearby counties in West Virginia. Mr. Monteleone's practice is focused primarily on estate planning, estate and income tax planning for large and small estates, the administration of estates and trusts, asset protection, such as long-term trusts for children, individually tailored trusts including special needs trusts for disabled persons, wealth transfers and planned giving, charitable trusts and private foundations, and business succession planning. He represents individuals, beneficiaries, trustees and executors, and serves individuals with business, personal, tax and wealth preservation issues.
Mr. Monteleone handles all types of estate planning issues, including asset protection, elder law, special needs trusts, estate administration, trusts, wealth transfers and will contests. He also practices civil litigation in cases involving issues in business, real estate and insurance law. Over the course of his career, he has been involved in many significant cases and highly complex litigation. He is also a frequent speaker on various aspects of estate and trust law, including the administration and taxation of estates and trusts.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Monteleone is an active member of his legal community. He belongs to the estate and trust law section of the Maryland State Bar Association and the West Virginia State Bar. He serves on the Maryland Professionalism Center and previously served on the Maryland Court of Appeals Judicial Task Force on Professionalism.
Mr. Monteleone graduated summa cum laude from Mount St. Mary’s University with a bachelor’s degree and received his law degree from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law. He obtained his license to practice law in 1981, which qualified him to appear before all Maryland state courts. He also holds a license to practice law in West Virginia.
About Nicholas J. Monteleone
First Admitted: 1981, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.hideycoyle.com/monteleone.php
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, Estate & Trust Law Section
- Member, Maryland Judicial Commissions on Professionalism, 2004 - Present
- Member, Court of Appeals of Maryland Task Force on Professionalism, 2002 - 2003
- Member, West Virginia Bar Association
- U.S. District Court
- West Virginia, 1991
- Maryland, 1981
- University of Maryland (J.D.), with honor, 1981, 1981
- Mount St. Mary's College, B.A., summa cum laude, 1978, 1978
- National Business Institute Seminar: 30 Steps to Perfect Probate: Estate Closing Strategies and Legal Ethics (2018), National Business Institute Seminar: 30 Steps to Perfect Probate: Estate Closing Strategies and Legal Ethics, 2018
- National Business Institute Seminar: Estate Administration: Top Mistakes to Avoid (2017), National Business Institute Seminar: Estate Administration: Top Mistakes to Avoid , 2017
- Planning Uncertainty and Fiduciary/Beneficiary Litigation (2018), Planning Uncertainty and Fiduciary/Beneficiary Litigation , 2018
- Maryland State Bar Association Summit and Annual Meeting: The Shifting Sands: Estate (2018), Maryland State Bar Association Summit and Annual Meeting: The Shifting Sands: Estate, 2018
- February 25, 2020 Estate Planning in the Era of High Estate Tax Exemptions – A New Way of Thinking National Business Institute Seminar: Probate: Everything You Need To Know (2019), Estate Planning in the Era of High Estate Tax Exemptions – A New Way of Thinking National Business Institute Seminar, 2020
Last Updated: 5/15/2022