Jesse B. Hammock
Top rated business litigation attorney in Easton, MarylandParker Goodman Gordon & Hammock, LLC
Jesse B. Hammock, Esq. is a partner with the law firm of Parker|Counts (Parker Goodman Gordon & Hammock, LLC), with offices in Easton and Cambridge, Maryland. Jesse was raised on Maryland's Eastern Shore, and his practice focuses on helping businesses and families on the Shore with litigation, real estate, employment and environmental issues. A highly versatile and top-rated trial attorney, Mr. Hammock spent his first decade of practice with two (2) of Maryland's largest and most well respected lawfirms. For the last ten (10) years, Jesse has provided his clients with "big firm" knowledge and expertise with the personal attention you can only get from a local law firm. Jesse has been recognized by his peers as a Maryland Super Lawyer as a general litigator as well as a Leading Lawyer in the field of Environmental Litigation.
While Jesse, his partners and their associates can handle virtually all legal matters, Jesse primarily focuses on the following:
- Business and commercial litigation.
- Real estate, land use and environmental litigation.
- Estate and trust litigation.
Raised on the Eastern Shore, Mr. Hammock has a genuine concern for the legal issues that affect the residents and businesses of his community, especially those engaged in agriculturally related industries. Jesse's extensive litigation experience gives him invaluable knowledge regarding local policies, courts and procedures. Over the course of twenty (20) years of experience, Jesse has had significant success representing the rights and interests of his clients. He has also acquired extensive experience handling a wide range of legal matters, including real estate and zoning issues, estates and trusts litigation, contracts, business torts, guardianships, family law disputes, employment issues and more.
Although a very effective trial lawyer, Mr. Hammock prefers to help his clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements without the need for expensive, protracted court battles. However, he possesses outstanding trial skills and will not hesitate to take his clients' matters to court when necessary to help ensure their best odds of achieving the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve.
A 1994 graduate of Washington College, Mr. Hammock obtained his Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2001, where he served as an editor for the school's Law Review. Along with practicing before all Maryland state, federal and appellate courts, he has also successfully handled cases in federal courts in various jurisdictions throughout the country, including Florida, New Jersey and New York.
Drawing upon his in-depth legal knowledge, Mr. Hammock has served as adjunct legal professor at Chesapeake College, where he taught litigation research and writing to paralegals. He has also served as president and vice president of Mid-Shore Pro Bono, Inc., and he has served on the Maryland Judicial Nominating Commission. Mr. Hammock is a Fellow with the Maryland Bar Foundation, a member of the Board of Directors of the Chesapeake Center and maintains active involvement with various local, state and national legal organizations.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Estate & trust litigation, Real estate: consumer
- 60% Business litigation
- 20% Estate & trust litigation
- 20% Real estate: consumer
First Admitted: 2001, Maryland
Professional Webpage: http://www.parkercountslaw.com/attorneys
- Maryland Judicial Nominating Commission
- Past-President, Mid-Shore Pro Bono, Inc., Board of Directors
- Vice-President, Mid-Shore Pro Bono, Inc., Board of Directors
- Editor, The University of Baltimore Law Review
- Adjunct professor, Litigation Research and Writing, Chesapeake College
- Washington College, 1994
- Oak Crest Village v. Murphy, 379 Md. 229 (2004)
- Higgenbotham v. Talisman Farm East, 2009 WL 10682243 (D. MD 2009)
- Auto-Owners Ins. Co. v. Southeast Floating Docks, Inc,, 571 F.3d 1143 (11th Cir. 2009)
- Waterman Family Ltd. P’ship v. Boomer, 456 Md. 330 (2017)
- Jesse was peer selected as a Leading Lawyer in the field of Environmental Litigation, Leading Lawyer Environmental Litigation, What's Up Eastern Shore Magazine, 2020
- Fellow, Maryland Bar Foundation
Office location for Jesse B. Hammock
129 North Washington Street
Easton, MD 21601
- Super Lawyers: 2020, 2023