David A. (Andy) Hall
Top rated Estate & Trust Litigation attorney in Ellicott City, MarylandKing Hall LLC
David A. (Andy) Hall is a co-founder of King | Hall LLC, based in Ellicott City, Maryland. Representing companies and individuals in the greater Baltimore metropolitan area and throughout the state, he focuses his practice largely on civil litigation. Mr. Hall has represented trustees and beneficiaries in cases involving undue influence, financial mismanagement and lack of mental capacity. He has extensive experience in adult guardianship proceedings and in will contests and other probate matters. Mr. Hall's other litigation experience includes breach of contract lawsuits, the representation of workers in employment law claims, and the representation of creditors in foreclosures and other collection activities.
Mr. Hall also has a transactional practice, wherein he has counseled companies on a wide variety of matters. He has drafted agreements involving finance and technology, and he has represented purchasers and sellers of businesses and commercial real estate.
A 2002 graduate of Salisbury University, where he majored in history and received a Bachelor of Arts, Mr. Hall also holds a Master of Arts in international affairs from the American University School of International Service and a Juris Doctor from the American University Washington College of Law. While he was in law school, he was the articles editor of the American University International Law Review and was an intern at the Overseas Private Investment Corporation. Admitted to practice before all Maryland state courts, Mr. Hall is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland and the United States Tax Court.
Mr. Hall frequently gives presentations to fellow professionals on probate, estate administration and similar issues. Highly regarded by his colleagues, he has received a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. Mr. Hall is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and other legal groups.
Practice areasEstate & Trust Litigation, Estate Planning & Probate, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Business/Corporate
Business Formation and Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Limited Liability Companies, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Will Contests, Wills
- 40% Estate & Trust Litigation
- 30% Estate Planning & Probate
- 20% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Business/Corporate
First Admitted: 2009, Maryland
Professional Webpage: http://www.kinghall-law.com/index.php/attorneys/andy-hall
- James MacGill American Inns of Court, Secretary, 2018-Present
- Saint Elizabeth School, Board of Trustees, 2019-Present
- Ellicott City Business Association, Treasurer, 2012-2013
- Ellicott City Partnership, President, 2013-2016
- Howard County Estate Planning Council
- Ellicott City Partnership, Immediate Past President, 2016-2017
- Women’s Law Center, Judicial Nominating Committee Member, 2015-Present
- Advanced Trusts and Estates: A "How-to" Guide, Estate and Trust Litigation in Maryland, NBI Seminar Faculty, 2017
- Use of LLCs in Asset Protection and Estate Planning: Legal Ethics, NBI Seminar Faculty, 2016
- Trusts from A to Z: What are Trusts? Main Trust Principles, NBI Seminar Faculty, 2016
- The Ultimate Guide to Probate: Ethical Practice Considerations and Concerns in Probate, NBI Seminar Faculty, 2016
- The Ultimate Guide to Probate: Beneficiary Distributions, Final Account and Closing of the Estate, NBI Seminar Faculty, 2016
- Probate Boot Camp: Probating Business Assets in Estate, NBI Seminar Faculty, 2016
- Probate Boot Camp: Legal Ethics in Estate Administration NBI Seminar Faculty, 2016
- Estate Administration From Start to Finish: Distributions and Closing of the Estate, NBI Seminar Faculty, 2016
- Estate Administration From Start to Finish: Complex Issues in Estate Administration, NBI Seminar Faculty, 2016
- Estate Planning from A to Z, NBI Seminar Faculty, 2015
- Estate Administration and Medicaid Estate Recovery, NBI Seminar Faculty, 2015
- Probate Boot Camp, NBI Seminar Faculty, 2014
- David A. Hall, The False Panacea of International Agreements for the U.S. Regulation of Sovereign Wealth Funds, B.Y.U. INT'L L. & MGMT. REV. (Winter 2009).
- Archie Fallon, T. Nikki Powell, & David A. Hall, International Energy and Resource Transactions, in ENVIRONMENT, ENERGY, & RESOURCES LAW: YEAR IN REVIEW 2007 (A.B.A. 2008).
- Articles Editor, American University International Law Review, 2008-2009
- Editor-in-Chief, Swords and Ploughshares, 2007-2008
- Contributing Editor, Journal of Public and International Affairs, 2007
- American Society of International Law, Contributing Editor, 2007-2008
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- United States Bankruptcy Court
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
- United States Tax Court
- Salisbury University, cum laude, B.A., History
- School of International Service, American University, M.A., International Affairs
Office location for David A. (Andy) Hall
5300 Dorsey Hall Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21042
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2019