Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Fulton, MD
Attorney Heather McCabe is the co-managing partner at McCabe Russell, PA, in Fulton, Maryland, where she concentrates her practice on family law. A practicing attorney for more than 20 years, she has substantial divorce law knowledge and experience, which she uses to serve clients throughout the state of Maryland.
Understanding that her clients are going through a difficult and complicated time in their lives, Ms. McCabe treats them with compassion while forcefully advocating for their rights. She is skilled in out-of-court negotiations and mediation, and is also an effective advocate in the courtroom when trial becomes necessary.
Ms. McCabe belongs to the Howard County Bar Association, the Bar Association of Montgomery County, the Maryland State Bar Association, the D.C. Bar, the American Bar Association and the Maryland Association for Justice. She is also a member of the LGBTQ Bar Association of Maryland, and previously served as president of the organization. Professional organizations have asked her to speak at events, and she has lectured on topics such as prenuptial agreements and representation of children in domestic violence-related cases.
Prior to joining McCabe Russell, PA, Ms. McCabe worked in legal education. She served as a legal rhetoric instructor at American University Washington College of Law and was an associate professor at Georgetown Law. She went into private practice in 2009.
Ms. McCabe graduated cum laude from Amherst College with a bachelor’s degree and earned her law degree from George Washington University Law School. She is a certified mediator, parenting coordinator and best interest attorney, representing the best interests of children. She holds licenses to practice law in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
About Heather McCabe
First Admitted: 1997, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.mccaberussell.com/attorneys/heather-mccabe/
- President’s Citation for Pro Bono Service, 2011
- Richard C. Lewis Memorial Award, George Washington University Law School, 1997
- Avvo, 10/10 Superb
- President's Citation for Pro Bono Service, Montgomery County Bar Association, 2011
- BA, Amherst College, Political Science, cum laude, 1994
- Best Interest Attorney, 2009 (renewed 2016)
- Mediator, 2009
- Parenting Coordinator, 2014
- Maryland LGBT Bar Association, President, 2011 – 2012
- Maryland, 1997
- District of Columbia, 2010
- Maryland Association for Justice, 2014 – Present
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association Member, 1997 – Present
- D.C. Bar Association, 2010 – Present
- Howard County Bar Association
- Presented at Washington College of Law’s "(Un)married . . . With Children: Obstacles Non-Marital Families Must Overcome to Adopt or to Utilize Assisted Reproductive Technology.", Presenter, 2007
- “Prenuptials,” Webinar on Forty Percent and Rising, 2015
- “Domestic Violence and Representation of Children,” Protecting the Smallest Victims of Domestic Violence, 1997, Presenter
Last Updated: 5/15/2022