Hilary Tebeleff is a well-seasoned attorney practicing law since 2016 in the Washington metropolitan area, and Maryland statewide. She is a partner at the law firm of McCabe Russell, PA, headquartered in Fulton and with offices in Rockville, Bethesda and Gaithersburg. She gives her clients legal advice and credible representation in primarily the fields of family law and domestic violence.
Majoring in government and politics, Ms. Tebeleff obtained a bachelor's degree cum laude from the University of Maryland in 2011. Following that, she enrolled in the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law to complete her law degree cum laude in 2016.
During this tenure, Ms. Tebeleff was actively involved in the associations and clubs at the university and held several posts of responsibility. She has been the managing editor of the university’s Journal of Race, Religion, Gender and Class; the executive secretary and vice president of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Team; and a part of the Maryland Public Interest Law Project, among several others.
Ms. Tebeleff took her first steps into the legal arena when she joined the Juvenile Protection Division of the Maryland Office of the Public Defender as a law clerk. Subsequently, she completed internships with the Honorable Judge Cynthia H. Jones and the family law magistrate Hope Tipton at the Circuit Court for Baltimore City, and the Hearings Unit of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Over these years, she drafted documents and legal memoranda, interviewed juvenile lawbreakers, assisted mediations, attended court sessions and investigated educational conditions at juvenile facilities.
Also having worked as a staff attorney at the House of Ruth Maryland’s Domestic Violence Legal Clinic, Ms. Tebeleff has bountiful experience in the field. Her passion for the profession and compassion toward her clients comes through in her quality of representation, securing her a Silver Client Champion badge through Martindale-Hubbell.
Practice areasFamily Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2016, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.mccaberussell.com/attorneys/hilary-r-tebeleff/
- Managing Editor of the Journal of Race, Religion, Gender and Class, 2015-2016
- University of Maryland, College Park, BA in Government and Politics, cum laude, 2011
- Maryland, 2016
- Howard County Bar Association, 2018-Present
- Montgomery County Maryland American Inns of Court, 2018-2019
- Montgomery County Bar Association, 2016-Present
- Maryland State Bar Association, Family Law & Juvenile Section, 2016-Present
- American Bar Association, 2016-Present
- District of Columbia, 2018
- Pro Bono Service Award, Bar Association for Montgomery County, Maryland, 2018
- Litigation and Advocacy Award, Maryland School of Law
- Maryland School of Law’s Public Service Award
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2021-2023
Office location for Hilary Tebeleff
8171 Maple Lawn Blvd
Fulton, MD 20759
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2024