Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Gaithersburg, MD
Devoted solely to helping families navigate legal issues in Maryland and Washington, D.C., Bryan Renehan is a senior partner at Brodsky Renehan Pearlstein & Bouquet. His comprehensive family law practice includes matters such as business valuation, pension division, divorce, alimony and custody. He also frequently delivers lectures and seminars on these topics.
As a member of legal organizations such as the Maryland State Bar Association, Inc., Mr. Renehan is always up to date on trends in family law. In fact, every year since 1985, he educates peers about new legislation and cases that have taken place. Combining that knowledge with his negotiation and litigation experience, he consistently guides clients through the justice system to favorable outcomes.
Mr. Renehan is known throughout the legal community for his professionalism and results-driven approach to every case he handles. Understanding that no two cases are alike, he creates a personalized strategy for each client based on his or her circumstances, goals and resources. For his accomplishments, he has earned honors such as holding the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell; being listed in The Best Lawyers in America; and holding an Avvo “Superb” rating.
In 1970, Mr. Renehan earned a Bachelor of Arts in economics from Fairfield University. He then received a Juris Doctor in 1976 from New England Law | Boston. In law school, his concentration areas included business planning, tax and trial practice.
Outside his practice, Mr. Renehan loves golfing, photography and woodworking. He also runs marathons, having qualified to run the Boston Marathon three times.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Bryan Renehan
First Admitted: 1976, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.brpfamilylaw.com/attorneys/bryan-renehan/
- Named to Best Lawyers in America, 2010 - 2017
- "AV" Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell for Excellence in the Practice of Law
- Washingtonian Magazine's List of "Top Divorce Attorneys" for Past 20 Years
- "AV Preeminent" Rating by Martindale-Hubble peer and client reviews
- Maryland and DC Super Lawyers 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017, Super Lawyers Magazine
- Named as One of Baltimore & Washington DC's Best Attorneys by Legal Leaders Magazine, 2015
- Named as a Top Divorce Lawyer by Bethesda Magazine, 2014
- Named by SmartCEO Magazine to 2010 Legal Elite
- Fairfield University, Bachelor of Science, Major: Economics
- Maryland State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Former Chair
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Former Chair
- Montgomery Inn of Court, President, 2004 - 2005
- Frequent Lecturer, Family Law, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc. (MICPEL)
- Lecturer, Family Law courses, The Maryland Bar Association
- Lecturer, “Family Practice Update” since 1985
Last Updated: 5/15/2022