Edouard J.P. Bouquet
Top rated Family Law attorney in Gaithersburg, MarylandBrodsky, Renehan, Pearlstein, & Bouquet Chtd.
Practice Areas: Family Law, Business Litigation; view more
Licensed in Maryland since: 1989
Education: Emory University School of Law
Brodsky, Renehan, Pearlstein, & Bouquet Chtd.16061 Comprint Circle
Gaithersburg, MD 20877-1321 Visit website
A partner at Gaithersburg, Maryland-based Brodsky Renehan Pearlstein & Bouquet, Chartered, Edouard J.P. Bouquet serves clients throughout the state as well as in Virginia and the District of Columbia. Focusing his practice primarily on family law matters, he assists people who are going through a divorce and provides advice and counsel on such related matters as alimony, child support, complex property division, and child custody and visitation. Mr. Bouquet also prepares and reviews prenuptial agreements and handles cases involving domestic violence and grandparents' rights.
In 1985, Mr. Bouquet received a Bachelor of Arts in history with honors from The George Washington University. He then pursued his legal studies at Emory University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1988. After graduation from law school, Mr. Bouquet served a clerkship with a judge on the Circuit Court for Montgomery County before entering private practice in 1989. He became a partner at his current firm in 2010. Mr. Bouquet is admitted to practice in both Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Throughout his career, Mr. Bouquet has earned the respect of his fellow professionals for the way in which he handles sensitive family law matters. This can be reflected in his AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and his 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. Mr. Bouquet is frequently asked to deliver presentations on family law topics to groups of fellow attorneys, and he remains an active participant in a variety of professional organizations. His memberships include the Maryland State Bar Association, the Bar Association of Montgomery County, and The District of Columbia Bar.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law, Business Litigation
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Non-Compete Agreements, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 80% Family Law
- 20% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 1989, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.brpfamilylaw.com/attorneys/edouard-jp-bouquet/
- Named to Maryland & Washington, DC SuperLawyers, 2015, 2016, & 2017
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Named to Washington, DC's and Baltimore's Top Lawyers, 2013
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available to an individual attorney
- Named as One of Baltimore and Washington DC's Best Attorneys by Legal Leaders Magazine, 2015
- The George Washington University, Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, B.A.
- GPS & Technology: Divorce Friend or Foe?
- Meet Your Spouse's New Private Investigator: It's In Your Pocket
- Presenter, Same Sex Marriage, Maryland, Montgomery County Inn of Court
- Speaker, Women on Family Law, Montgomery County Commission
- Guest Lecturer, Family Law, American University Law School
- Family Law, Montgomery County Bar, CLE
- District of Columbia, 1990
- Maryland, 1989
Office location for Edouard J.P. Bouquet
16061 Comprint Circle
Gaithersburg, MD 20877-1321
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023