David P. Putzi
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Glen Burnie, MarylandFischer & Putzi, P.A.
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, DUI-DWI, White Collar Crimes; view more
Licensed in Maryland since: 1995
Education: The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law
Fischer & Putzi, P.A.Empire Towers - Ste 300
7310 Ritchie Hwy
Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Visit website
A partner at Fischer & Putzi, P.A., David P. Putzi focuses his practice exclusively on criminal defense matters. After majoring in accounting at Guilford College in North Carolina and receiving a Bachelor of Science in 1991, he went on to pursue his legal education at The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law. While he was there, Mr. Putzi served as an editor on the Catholic University Law Review before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 1995.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Putzi clerked for a judge on the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County, and he then spent several years as a prosecutor with the Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney’s Office, where he got extensive criminal trial experience. He then entered private practice, and he currently represents clients throughout the county as well as other parts of the greater Baltimore metropolitan area from his firm’s offices in Glen Burnie, Maryland.
Mr. Putzi’s clients are people who are facing state or federal misdemeanor or felony charges, and he has been able to obtain positive results on their behalf, whether through dismissals, acquittals, reversals on appeal or the reduction of charges after his negotiation of a favorable plea bargain agreement with the prosecutor. His experience has encompassed a wide variety of allegations, including driving under the influence of alcohol, weapons violations, assault, domestic violence, robbery, sex crimes, shoplifting, attempted manslaughter and homicide. Mr. Putzi has been admitted to practice before all Maryland state courts since 1995, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal Defense: White Collar
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, White Collar Crime
First Admitted: 1995, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.fischerputzilawfirm.com/attorneys
- Editorial Board of The Catholic University Law Review
- Super Lawyers of Maryland
- Leading Lawyers of Anne Arundel County
- Top Attorney’s of Baltimore Magazine
- Jury Finds Client Not Guilty In Most Notorious Murder Trial In Anne Arundel County History; Jury Finds Client Not Guilty Of 5th DUI & DWI; Jury Finds Client Not Guilty Of Multiple Rapes & Sex Offenses; Client's Gang Conspiracy & Felony Drug Charges Dismissed By Court Due To Speedy Trial Violation; Million Dollar Theft Trial Ends In Not Guilty Verdict
- Past President Of The Anne Arundel County Bar Association; Anne Arundel County Bar Association Board Of Trustees; Anne Arundel County Bar Association - Former Chair Criminal Law Committee; Lecturer - Defending Domestic Violence Cases; Lecturer - Fourth Amendment Applications
- Member, Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission
Office location for David P. Putzi
Empire Towers - Ste 300
7310 Ritchie Hwy
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023