Michael D. Steinhardt
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Glen Burnie, MD
As a partner at The Law Offices of Steinhardt, Siskind and Lieberman, LLC., in Glen Burnie, Maryland, Michael D. Steinhardt devotes his practice to helping individuals in Anne Arundel County and surrounding areas with legal issues, including workers’ compensation and Social Security Disability claims and personal injury, wrongful death and medical malpractice lawsuits. For more than four decades, Mr. Steinhardt has advocated fiercely on behalf his clients both in the courtroom and at the negotiating table.
Mr. Steinhardt earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore Law School in 1975 and his Master of Laws from the Georgetown University Law Center in 1980. He is admitted to practice law before the Court of Appeals of Maryland, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, the U.S. Tax Court and the U.S. District Court. Mr. Steinhardt is a member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives, the Maryland Association for Justice, Inc. and the Anne Arundel and Maryland State Bar Associations. In 2001, he received the Law-Related Education Distinguished Service Award from the Maryland State Bar Association in recognition of his teaching and mentoring work.
During his long and distinguished legal career, Mr. Steinhardt has been asked to speak about workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability, Medicare and related issues by organizations and institutions, including the Maryland State and Anne Arundel Bar Associations, Towson University, the National Business Institute and the Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers. He helped his fellow attorneys to hone their courtroom skills by coaching the Maryland State Bar Association Mock Trial Program between 1997 and 2005, and he seeks to improve the lives of children and adults with developmental disabilities in Glen Burnie by working closely with Bello Machre.
About Michael D. Steinhardt
First Admitted: 1975, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.steinhardtlawfirm.com/attorneys/michael-d-steinh...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, Negligence on Negligence Insurance, MSBA Section - 1997–present
- Conducts Seminars for individuals and families that are interested is applying for social security disability benefits and/or appealing their denial of social security disability benefits.
- Coach, Maryland Bar Association Mock Trial Program, 1997–2005
- Fellow, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Worker's Compensation Commission Vocational Rehabilitation Committee
- Board Secretary, Bello Machre, 1998–2011.
- Coach of the Pikesville High School State Champions, 1997–1998
- Former Member, Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission for Anne Arundel County, 1990–2002
- Member, Worker's Compensation Commission Online Services Advisory Council
- Member, Board of Trustees, Bello Machre, 1996–2017
- Coach of the Pikesville High School Circuit Champions, 1999–2000
- U.S. District Court, 1976
- National Association of Social Security Claimants' Representatives
- Past Chairperson, Maryland State Bar Association, Negligence, Insurance & Worker's Compensation Sections, 1999-2000
- Coordinator of "Hot Tips in Workers' Compensation" which is a continuing legal education program for workers' compensation attorneys in Maryland since 2016.
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 1978
- Member, Board of Directors, Anne Arundel County Bar Foundation, 1994–1995
- Maryland Association for Justice
- Member, Board of Trustees, Anne Arundel County Bar Association, 1993–1994
- Court of Appeals, State of Maryland, 1975
- U.S. Tax Court, 1980
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Trustees, Anne Arundel County Bar Association, 1986–1987
- Georgetown University Law Center, Master of Law, 1980
- University of Baltimore Law Review, 1974–1975
- State University of New York at Stonybrook, B.A. in Political Science, 1972
- Maryland State Bar Association Law-Related Education Distinguished Service Award, 2001
- Program chairman and lecturer for MICPEL, "How to Represent a Claimant in a Social Security Disability Claim, 2007
- Lecturer, Lorman Educational Services, "Worker's Compensation in Maryland, 2001
- Lecturer, Lorman Educational Services, "Worker's Compensation in Maryland, 2002
- Lecturer, Lorman Educational Services, "Worker's Compensation in Maryland, 2004
- Lecturer, Towson University, Law and Psychology Course, 2000–2002
- Lecturer, "Hot Topics in Worker's Compensation,", Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers (MICPEL), 2000–2018
- Regular Provider of Seminars, Social Security Disability
- "Maryland District Court Civil Procedure,", Anne Arundel Country Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Seminar, January, 1994
- "The Right of Handicapped Children to Free Public Education: A Procedural Guide," University of Baltimore Law Review, pp. 136-156, 1974
- Lecturer, National Business Institute- Social Security Disability Boot Camp., 2013
Last Updated: 6/28/2022