Barry M. Chasen
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Greenbelt, MD
The founder of ChasenBoscolo Injury Lawyers, Barry M. Chasen divides his practice between workers’ compensation matters and personal injury litigation. The firm is headquartered in Greenbelt, Maryland, and he provides representation to clients throughout Prince George’s County and other parts of the state. Admitted to practice before all Maryland state courts since 1980, Mr. Chasen is also admitted to practice in the District of Columbia.
Many of Mr. Chasen’s clients are people who have been injured on the job and who are as a result seeking their rightful benefits under their employer’s workers’ compensation insurance coverage. At the outset, he provides assistance with the preparation of the initial claim, helping to ensure that it contains all necessary information and that it is filed in a timely manner. In the event that the claim is disputed or denied, Mr. Chasen has appeared in subsequent appeals hearings before the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission and in court.
In his personal injury practice, Mr. Chasen represents clients who have been harmed due to the negligence of other parties. His caseload in this regard has included defective products, premises liability, truck and other types of motor vehicle crashes, sexual abuse, and workplace accidents that were the result of the negligence of a nonemployer third party. Mr. Chasen has been able to obtain significant compensation for these clients through both jury awards and negotiated settlements.
Mr. Chasen’s successful track record in both of these areas has led to a great deal of acclaim from his colleagues, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. As a student, he worked during the day and took college and law school courses at night, and he ultimately received his law degree in 1980 from the University of Baltimore School of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Barry M. Chasen
First Admitted: 1980
Professional Webpage: https://www.chasenboscolo.com/our-team/barry-m-chasen/
Pro bono/Community Service
- So Others May Eat (SOME)
- Jose Andres’ World Central Kitchen
- Capital Campaign for the University of Maryland University College, Past Campaign Chair
- Law School Advisory Council for the University of Baltimore Law School
- Maryland Association for Justice
- Maryland State Bar Section on Negligence, Insurance, and Workers' Compensation, Past Chair
- Maryland Workers' Compensation Education Association, President
- American Association for Justice
- Prince George's County Bar Association
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Washington, D.C., 1983
- Maryland, 1980
- Lecturer, Workers' Compensation Issues, Prince George's County Bar Association
- Lecturer, Workers' Compensation Issues, The Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc.
- Lecturer, Workers' Compensation Issues, Lorman Educational Services
- Lecturer, Workers' Compensation Issues, National Business Institute
- Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers, 2007-2013
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2013
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Maryland Super Lawyers, 2007-2013
- B.S., University of Maryland University College, Magna Cum Laude, 1976
- Don't forget to submit a picture of your pink pumpkin! One winning design will receive a $50 Visa gift card. For ev… https://t.co/v4aER5yCBe
- It’s week three of our Hispanic Heritage Month Highlight and today we are spotlighting someone who is known as one… https://t.co/3yRz4YQG4R
- It's time for another #FunFactFriday! Get to know our Senior New Business Analyst, Candice. https://t.co/krPZsUByNx
- Orange you glad great minds dress alike?🍊 #happywednesday #greattrialteams #dmvlawyers #HumpDayVibes https://t.co/H0t4ciUiIg
- To close out the summer season, we hosted a blood drive with the Anne Arundel Medical Center Blood Donor Center. A… https://t.co/YPAC3p04MM
Last Updated: 5/15/2022