Megan E. Coleman
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Greenbelt, MD
Selected to Rising Stars: 2018
Attorney Megan E. Coleman is a senior associate with MarcusBonsib, LLC, law firm in Greenbelt, Maryland. A top-rated trial attorney with more than 12 years of experience, Ms. Coleman focuses her practice solely on criminal defense and criminal appeals, and she provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Washington, D.C., metro and surrounding areas of Maryland who stand accused of or are under investigation for any type of felony or misdemeanor offense.
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Coleman has achieved a long record of securing successful results for her clients in state and federal courts across her region. She has obtained many acquittals, dismissals and reductions of charges for those accused of drug crimes, sex crimes, assault, arson, burglary and theft, and other serious criminal violations. She also has extensive experience handling appeals, and she has obtained several orders of certiorari along with reversals of lower courts' rulings to help her clients achieve the justice they deserve.
In honor of her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Coleman has received the Prince George’s County Bar Association President’s Award in 2015 and 2018 for her excellent contributions to NewsJournal, and she has received consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers. She has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
Ms. Coleman began her legal career in 2008 after obtaining her Juris Doctor from Catholic University of America's Columbus School of Law, where she was an active participant in the mock trial team and won Best Overall Advocate in a national criminal law competition. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
An active leader in her legal community, Ms. Coleman has served on the CJA Appellate Panel for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit as well as on the Appellate Panel for the Maryland Office of the Public Defender. She is also a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys’ Association, the American Bar Association, the Prince George's County and Montgomery County Bar Associations, and the criminal law and litigation sections of the Maryland State Bar Association.
About Megan E. Coleman
First Admitted: 2008, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.marcusbonsib.com/attorney/megan-e-coleman/
- Prince George’s County and Montgomery County Bar Associations
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association and its Litigation and Criminal Law Sections
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys’ Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2008
- Appellate Panel for the Maryland Office of the Public Defender
- CJA Appellate Panel for the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2009
- Maryland, 2008
- Maryland Bar, Member, 2008
- Prince George’s County Bar Association President’s Award for Contributions to NewsJournal, 2015 and 2018
- Best Overall Advocate, among 40 trial advocates
- Rising Star by Super Lawyers for her excellence in the practice of Criminal Defense, 2018
Last Updated: 6/30/2022