Andrew M. Dansicker
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Hunt Valley, MD
Andrew M. Dansicker is the managing principal attorney at the Law Office of Andrew M. Dansicker, LLC, in Hunt Valley, Maryland. With over 28 years of legal experience, he represents clients with employment law matters including sexual harassment, wrongful termination, job discrimination, wage and overtime issues, failure to pay wages and bonuses, and disability issues.
With a genuine concern for his clients, Mr. Dansicker provides dedicated and efficient legal services. He understands the negative effect of being faced with an employment law matter, and he zealously advocates for his clients’ rights and liberties. A compassionate attorney, he handles each case with the sensitivity it deserves.
Mr. Dansicker graduated magna cum laude from the American University with a bachelor’s degree in political science. Having obtained his Juris Doctor from Columbia Law School, he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.
For his noteworthy contributions to the legal field, Mr. Dansicker has an AV Preeminent* peer review rating by Martindale Hubbell. He has an Avvo rating of 10.0 on 10. He was selected to be on the Maryland Attorney Grievance Commission Peer Review Panel in 2007. Having written extensively about major employment law matters, Mr. Dansicker has his work published in many renowned journals.
Mr. Dansicker is enthusiastically engaged with the legal community and has memberships in The Bar Association of Baltimore City, American Bar Association, Maryland State Bar Association, Baltimore County Bar Association and the Maryland Employment Lawyers Association. Additionally, Mr. Dansicker has contributed much of his time helping those who cannot afford it.
Admitted to practice in the states of Maryland and New York, Mr. Dansicker is also licensed to practice in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland, the United State District Court for the Southern District of New York, the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Andrew M. Dansicker
First Admitted: 1993, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.mdemploymentlawyer.com/our-firm/andrew-m-dansick...
- Thomas Perez, a former high-ranking official in the Clinton Administration
Pro bono/Community Service
- Represented a group of Eastern Shore high school students forced to submit to illegal drug testing
- "Overtime Claims In Maryland State Courts," Maryland Bar Bulletin, January 2008
- "The Next Big Thing for Litigators," Maryland Bar Journal, July/August 2004
- "Exiting the Expert Witness," Maryland Bar Bulletin, October 2001
- "Defending Employment Decisions," International Commercial Litigation, December 1996 (co-author)
- "Affirmative Action, Disparate Impact, Quotas & Civil Rights Act," 25 J.L.S.P. 1 (1992)
- Presented lecture to human resources professionals in Annapolis, Maryland regarding the ins and outs of drafting and enforcing an employee handbook
- Presented lecture to group of construction and engineering executives and managers regarding new Maryland employment laws, how to avoid a sexual harassment claim and the NLRB's newest strategies for enforcing concerted, protected activities at non-union employers, 2014
- Presented lecture at 2009 Annual Convention of Maryland Employment Lawyers Association regarding unemployment law in Maryland, Lecturer, Maryland Unemployment Law, 2009
- Taught unemployment law as guest lecturer at University of Maryland School of Law, Lecturer, 2010
- Amos v. Maryland, 126 F.3d 589 (4th Cir. 1997) (civil rights law)
- White v. Sances, 2001 WL 246076 (4th Cir. 2001) (commercial litigation)
- Friedler v. Cole, 2005 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 2994 (D. Md. 2005) (civil litigation)
- Harrison v. Grass, 304 F.Supp.2d 710 (D. Md. 2004) (civil litigation)
- Rosenberg v. Seattle Art Museum, 70 F. Supp.2d 1163 (W.D. Wa. 1999) (civil litigation)
- Sousa v. Orient Arts, Inc., 1999 WL 147724 (S.D.N.Y. 1999) (employment litigation)
- Wahlstrom v. Metro-North Commuter Railroad, 1998 WL 99799 (S.D.N.Y. 1998) (employment law)
- Bainlardi v. SBC Warburg, Inc., 1998 WL 556032 (S.D.N.Y. 1998) (employment law)
- Bainlardi v. SBC Warburg, Inc., 1998 WL 872487 (S.D.N.Y. 1998) (employment law)
- Adler v. Pataki, 1998 WL 326748 (N.D.N.Y. 1998) (civil litigation)
- Aravanis v. Somerset County, 339 Md. 644 (1995) (constitutional law)
- Converge Services Group, LLC v. Curran, 383 Md. 462 (2004) (administrative law)
- Abrams v. Lamone, 905 A.2d 840 (Md. 2006) (constitutional law)
- MaryCLE, LLP v. First Choice Internet, Inc., 166 Md. App. 481 (2006) (commercial litigation)
- Rogers v. New York City Transit Auth., 643 N.Y.S.2d 601 (2d Dep’t 1996) (employment law)
- Settled racial discrimination case on behalf of tenured business and law professor at prestigious state university after contentious litigation spanning nearly three years, 2014
- Obtained extremely favorable settlement involving explicit sexual harassment claims against managing partner of Baltimore law firm prior to litigation., 2014
- Baltimore County Bar Association, Member
- Baltimore City Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Maryland Employment Lawyers Association, Member, 2011
- Elected President of the Maryland Employment Lawyers Association ("MELA"), 2011
- Appointed to Maryland Attorney Grievance Commission Peer Review Panel, 2007
- Clerkship with Honorable Shelby Highsmith, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 1992
- Maryland, 1993
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 1993
- New York, 1995
- Fourth Circuit, 1995
- United State District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1996
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York, 1998
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1999
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- AV peer-review rated, Martindale Hubbel
- Elected to Board of Maryland Employment Lawyers Association, 2010
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia University School of Law, 1992
- American University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1989
Last Updated: 5/15/2022