Top rated consumer law attorney in Lutherville-Timonium, MarylandSantoni, Vocci & Ortega, LLC
A member of Santoni, Vocci & Ortega, LLC, Chelsea Ortega divides her practice between consumer protection matters and personal injury litigation. Located in Timonium, Maryland, she represents clients throughout the greater Baltimore metropolitan area. Admitted to practice before all Maryland state courts since 2012, Ms. Ortega has received an "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo, which is just one indication of the high regard in which she is held by her fellow members of the bar.
Ms. Ortega’s consumer practice has involved her representation of tenants and consumers against property management companies in individual cases and class actions. She has represented clients against debt collectors who have violated state and federal consumer protection statutes.
In her personal injury practice, Ms. Ortega provides aggressive advocacy on behalf of people who have been harmed as the result of the negligence or recklessness of other parties. She has been able to obtain significant compensation through both jury awards and negotiated settlements in cases that have arisen out of motor vehicle crashes and premises liability. A graduate of The Pennsylvania State University, where she received a Bachelor of Arts with highest honors in 2008, Ms. Ortega pursued her legal education at the University of Maryland School of Law and was awarded her Juris Doctor in 2012.
**All cases are different and no results are guaranteed.
Practice areasConsumer law, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff, Creditor debtor rights: business, General litigation
Consumer protection, Fraud, Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Premises liability - plaintiff, Class actions, Litigation
First Admitted: 2012, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.svolaw.com/attorney/ortega-chelsea-r/
- State Bar of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- National Association of Consumer Advocates, Member
- Baltimore City Bar Association, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Baltimore County Bar Association, Member
- “Malack v. BDO Seidman, LLP: Gatekeepers Not So Conflicted in the Fraud-Created-the-Market Theory,” 7 J. Bus. & Tech. L. 387 (2012)
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.A., with highest honors, 2008
- Lisa Watts v. Veolia Transportation Services Inc., Case No.: 24-C-14-003940, Balt. City Circuit Court - Jury verdict for $123,395.76 for injured passenger on mobility bus. , 2015
- Curtis v. Blue Ocean Realty, LLC, Case No. 24-C-16-006490, Baltimore City Circuit Court – class action settlement obtained for tenants against a property management company allegedly charging illegal fees, 2018
- Member of the Year, Civil Justice, 2018
- , Leading Women Award, The Daily Record, 2020
- Most people know that they have a credit score and credit report. Tenants need to be aware that they have a rental score and rental history report. Companies gather data on landlord-tenant court filings, criminal histories and other information to create a report that could lead to tenants being rejected by landlords, paying higher security deposits, or needing to find a co-signer. , Rental History Reports - Tenants Be Aware, Tenants' Rights, 2020
- Co-Chair of the Leadership Committee of the Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service Community Advocacy Network, 2021
Office location for Chelsea Ortega
201 W Padonia Rd
Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2022