Top rated Family Law attorney in Rockville, MarylandTerenzini & Lucero, LLC
Attorney Alicia Lucero is a partner with the Bours & Lucero, LLC, law firm in Rockville, Maryland. Serving clients throughout Montgomery County and the surrounding areas of the Washington, D.C., metro region, Ms. Lucero focuses her practice primarily on family law and divorce. She routinely engages in matters involving high asset cases, property disputes, alimony, retirement, pension issues, and custody disputes with children caught up in the process.
As a native of the area, Ms. Lucero has a genuine passion for helping the residents of her community during their most difficult and uncertain times, and she has earned a reputation for providing the compassionate support her clients deserve while aggressively pursuing the most favorable outcome on their behalves.
A staunch advocate for the rights of children, she continues to accept court appointments as a best interests attorney for children in family courts, where she works hard to obtain the best results possible for them in matters pertaining to child custody and welfare. In addition, she has extensive experience acting as a child privilege attorney making the determination as to whether or not to waive or assert the child/patient psychiatric privilege. She then generates her report to the Court explaning her determination.
After graduating with honors from the University of Maryland College Park in 1999, Ms. Lucero attended The George Washington University Law School, where she obtained her Juris Doctor, with honors, in 2004. The Maryland State Bar Association admitted her to practice that same year, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland.
Active in her legal community, she is heavily involved with the Montgomery County chapter of the Women's Bar Association of Maryland, where she currenty serves as secretary to the executive committee and co-chair of the finance committee auction. She is also a barrister with the Montgomery County Bar Association Inns of Court.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Marital Property, Name Change, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2004, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.bourslucerolaw.com/attorney/lucero-alicia-r/
- University of Maryland at College Park, B.A., Political Science with Honors
- Have accepted multiple pro-bono and reduced fee cases from the Montgomery County Lawyer Referral Service. , 2016
- This award was received for the 2016 and 2017 year based on positive client reviews , Top Ten Client Satisfaction Award, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (NAFLA), 2016
- This award has been given to our firm since 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. Top ten attorney was awarded for outstanding client service and was given 2016-2019. , 10 Best Attorneys and Ten Best Law Firms, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2019
- This award was given in 2018 and 2019, Top 10, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2018
- This award was given to ten attorneys in the State of Maryland who were under Forty Years of age. It was based on peer reviews and/or in house counsel review of the qualifications of the attorney , Top Ten Under Forty, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (NAFLA), 2017
- This verification was issued by Thomson Reuters based on fellow lawyers in the communities recommendations, Lead Counsel Verified, Lead Counsel Review Board, 2017
- This award was based on published reviews by former clients of the attorney who has a profile on the AVVO website, Avvo Client Choice Award 2017, AVVO, 2017
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2018
- Pro-bono committee recognition for over 50 hours of service in 2018., 2018
- At-Large Member for Montgomery County chapter of Women's Bar Association. , 2019
- Elected Secretary to the Montgomery County chapter Women's Bar Association, and served on the judicial selections committee. , 2018
- Montgomery County Chapter of the Women's Bar Association, Elected to the At Large Position on the Executive Committee, 2017
- Montgomery County Chapter of Women's Bar Association, Liaison to Executive Committee of the Montgomery County Bar Association, 2016
- Montgomery County Chapter of Women's Bar Association, Nominations Chair on the Executive Committee, 2016
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Prince George's Bar Association, 2009
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland , 2005
- State Bar of Maryland, 2004
Office location for Alicia Lucero
50 W Montgomery Ave
Rockville, MD 20850
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2024