Christy A. Zlatkus
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Rockville, MD
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2019
Attorney Christy A. Zlatkus is the owner and founder of Z Family Law, LLC, in Rockville, Maryland. Ms. Zlatkus has over a decade of legal experience and focuses her practice on collaborative family law, representing clients in Rockville and throughout the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area.
Committed to providing personal service, Ms. Zlatkus works hard to achieve the best possible resolution to each client’s unique situation. She genuinely loves the practice of family law and uses her years of acquired knowledge and experience to craft ideal strategies and solutions.
Ms. Zlatkus is trained in many facets of collaborative family law. She is a qualified best interest attorney, child advocate attorney and child privilege attorney. In addition, she is trained in collaborative law, in mediation and as a parenting coordinator, and she is a graduate of the National Family Law Trial Institute.
Active in professional organizations, Ms. Zlatkus is a member of the Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland, the Bar Association of Frederick County, Maryland, the Maryland State Bar Association, the D.C. Bar, the American Bar Association and the Women’s Bar Association of Maryland.
Additionally, Ms. Zlatkus belongs to the Montgomery County, Maryland Bar Foundation Bar Leaders and is co-chair of the foundation’s continuing legal education committee. She is also active in the Hague Convention Attorney Network.
Ms. Zlatkus earned her law degree from the George Washington University Law School. She holds licenses to practice law in Maryland and the District of Columbia, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland and the Supreme Court of the United States.
About Christy A. Zlatkus
First Admitted: 2009, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://zfamilylaw.com/about/legal-team/christy-zlatkus/
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015 - 2019
- Montgomery County, Maryland American Inn of Court
- Women's Bar Association of Maryland
- American Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 2017
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2017
- District of Columbia, 2018
- Member, Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- Member, Bar Association of Frederick County, Maryland
- Member, CLE Committee for the Montgomery County, Maryland Bar Association, 2015
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland, 2009
- Member, Montgomery County, Maryland Bar Foundation Bar Leaders, 2016 - Present
- Bar Association of Montgomery County Leadership Development Academy, 2016 - 2017
- Member of the Montgomery County Inns of Court for the 2013 and the 2015 - 2016, Associate
- Member, Women's Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- University of Maryland, College Park, College Park, Maryland B.A. in Government & Politics and History, May 2006
Pro bono/Community Service
- Hague Convention Attorney Network
- CLE Committee for the Montgomery County, Maryland Bar Foundation (Committee Co-Chair 2018-Present)
- Graduate of the Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute (ABA/NITA)
Last Updated: 9/16/2022