David M. Bulitt
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Rockville, MD
David Bulitt is a highly experienced and respected family law attorney in Rockville, Maryland. He is also the Assistant Managing Director and a shareholder of Joseph, Greenwald and Laake, P.A.
With his practice focused on complex family law matters, Mr. Bulitt is widely regarded as both a skilled negotiator at the mediation table and a staunch advocate in the courtroom. Mr. Bulitt often is appointed as a family law mediator in financial and property disputes. In addition, local judges frequently call upon him to represent children in contested custody proceedings.
For more than a decade, Mr. Bulitt has been included amongst the "Best Lawyers in America," Maryland and DC Super Lawyers and as one of the areas "Top Lawyers" and "Best Divorce Lawyers" by both Washingtonian and Bethesda Magazines.
Mr. Bulitt earned his J.D. from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 1986. He is a member of multiple legal associations and a speaker at continuing legal education seminars on the representation of children in contested custody cases.
In addition to representing family law clients, Mr. Bulitt has handled business law, commercial law, personal injury and medical malpractice cases. He, his wife of 30 years and their children live in Montgomery County, Maryland. Mr. Bulitt is also the author of two popular fiction novels.
About David M. Bulitt
First Admitted: 1986, Maryland
Professional Webpage: http://www.divorcelawyermd.com/team/david-bulitt/
Other Outstanding Achievements
- "Commentary: Obergefell’s far-reaching impact on family law issues involving same-sex couples," The Daily Record, 2016
- Published fiction novels "Because I Had To" (2017) and "Card Game" (2015)
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbel's Highest Attorney RatingIncluded among Best LAwyers in America, Washingtonian Magazine's Top Divorce Lawyers nad Best Lawyers in DC,
- "Keep track of child-related costs without talking to your ex? There’s an app for that," The Daily Record, 2016
- Speaker, Seminars on Legal Representation of Children in Contested Custody Cases, Bar Association CLE Courses
- "Divorce and the special-needs child," The Daily Record, Maryland; Family Law Update, December, 2014
- “Alternative Dispute Resolution and Keeping the Client's Life Private,” Laws.com, 2013
- "The Jolie-Pitt Breakup: Hollywood Power Gives Way to High Profile Divorce," Inside Counsel, 2016
- Certified in Collaborative Family Law
- Best Lawyers in America, 2006 - 2017
- Bethesda's Best Divorce Lawyers, Bethesda Magazine, 2013
- Named by Washingtonian Magazine as One of DC Area's "Top Lawyers"
- Named by Bethesda Magazine as One of Montgomery County's Best Divorce Lawyers
- Named by Washingtonian Magazine as One of DC Area's Best Divorce Lawyers
- University of Maryland, B.A., 1983
- Maryland, 1986
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Member, Montgomery County Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Member, Prince George's County Bar Association
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
Last Updated: 11/16/2021