Diane K. Kuwamura
Top rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney in Rockville, MarylandKuwamura Law Group, P.A.
Practice Areas: Estate Planning & Probate; view more
Licensed in Maryland since: 1995
Diane K. Kuwamura is the founder of Kuwamura Law Group, P.A. Based in Rockville, Maryland, she focuses her practice on estate planning and administration along with handling related litigation. Ms. Kuwamura is admitted to practice in both Maryland and the District of Columbia, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland and the Supreme Court of the United States. Held in high regard by her fellow attorneys, she has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, and Bethesda Magazine has named her on its of the Top Estate Lawyers in the Bethesda Area.
Ms. Kuwamura's practice involves the preparation and review of wills, trusts, health care and financial powers of attorney, and advance health care directives. She also handles litigation involving trustees, executors and other fiduciaries, and she helps owners of small businesses plan for an orderly succession should they become incapacitated or die while still working. Ms. Kuwamura also assists people with the development of charitable gift and life insurance plans, and she administers the estates of many of her clients in order to ensure that their assets are distributed in accordance with their wishes.
Ms. Kuwamura's professional affiliations reflect her interests and practice areas. Her memberships include the Taxation Law and the Estate & Trust Law sections of the Maryland State Bar Association; the American Bar Association's Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law; and the Estate & Trust Law Section of the Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland. Active in her community as well, Ms. Kuwamura is a member of the board of directors of Montgomery Hospice and of the Montgomery County Estate Planning Council. She is a 1994 recipient of a Juris Doctor from The Catholic University of America’s Columbus School of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate Planning & Probate
Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- 100% Estate Planning & Probate
First Admitted: 1995, Maryland
Professional Webpage: http://klgestatelaw.com/attorney-profiles/
- Executive Committee, Montgomery Hospice, Member
- Montgomery Hospice, Chairperson of the Board of Directors
- Academy of the Holy Cross member of the Board of Trustees.
- Academy of the Holy Cross, Trusteeship Committee
- Montgomery County Estate Planning Council, Member of Board of Directors and member of Membership Committee.
- Washington, DC Estate Planning Council Board, Chair of the Membership Committee, 2005-2012
- President, Washington, DC Estate Planning Council, 2010 - 2011
- Active Member, Washington, DC Estate Planning Council, Since 2000
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Estates and Trusts Section
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- Maryland State Bar Association, Taxation Section
- Maryland State Bar Association, Estates and Trusts Section
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- DC Bar Association
- United States Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Questrom School of Business (formerly School of Management), Boston University, BSBA (Accounting), Eta Chapter, Alpha Phi Sorority, Active Member and Officer
- Named among the Top Twenty-Two Estate Planning Attorneys, Bethesda Magazine
- Named to the Maryland and District of Columbia SuperLawyers, Estate Planning and Probate, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023, SuperLawyers
- Fellow of the Maryland State Bar Association.
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent rating
Office location for Diane K. Kuwamura
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2024