Jeffrey N. Greenblatt
Top rated Family Law attorney in Rockville, MarylandJoseph Greenwald & Laake, P.A.
Attorney Jeffrey N. Greenblatt is a widely respected family law attorney located in Rockville, Maryland. He handles all types of family law cases with a focus on complex divorce, asset valuation, complex property division. He handles custody, international custody and visitation, retirement and pension division orders, and post-divorce modifications. Other family law issues Mr. Greenblatt handles include prenuptial agreements, divorce, alimony, child custody and support, and domestic violence.
Known for his passion for representing the "underdog" in family law cases, Mr. Greenblatt has received several awards for his work. He has earned the highest rating available to attorneys (AV) from Martindale Hubbell and was named and profiled as one of the Top Divorce Attorneys by Bethesda Magazine in May 2010, 2013 2015 - 2019. He has been selected by his peers, each year, for inclusion in Maryland Super Lawyers, as well as each edition of The Best Lawyers in America published by Woodward/White to date. His success has led him to be named one of the top 25 divorce attorneys in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area.
Mr. Greenblatt is a renowned leader in his community's legal field. He has held several leadership positions with the Montgomery County and Maryland bar associations. He was appointed by Maryland's Governor to the Foster Care Review Board from 1984 to 1986. He also served on the Governor's committee on Inequities and Disparities in Divorce from 1991 to 1993. He is a past chairman of the Montgomery County Family Law section of the Bar Association. He is a well-known teacher, lecturer and author on family law issues. Starting in 1988 he had presented, annually, the Family Law Update to the Montgomery County Bar Association. His Updates were provided to all Judges on the Circuit Court for Montgomery, Prince George's & Frederick County.
Jeffrey Greenblatt was featured on the cover of Maryland Daily Record Family Law Update as he shares his perspective on the growing trend of people aged 50+ getting divorced. To read the full article, please click here.
Practice areasFamily Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation, Name Change, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Alternative Dispute Resolution
First Admitted: 1973, Maryland
Professional Webpage: http://www.jgllaw.com/attorneys/jeffrey-n-greenblatt
- In a highly contentious divorce proceeding, successfully recovered the majority of the client’s substantial pre-marital inheritance that had been unknowingly intermingled in a joint account and improperly classified for inclusion in the marital estate
- After a complex multi-day trial, successfully persuaded the Montgomery County Circuit Court to restore his client’s custody of her daughter to 50/50 custody after being falsely accused of using drugs while pregnant and breastfeeding
- Mentor pro bono attorneys over the last 20 years and recognized by the Montgomery County Bar Association, 1990 - 2011
- Served on the Governor’s Committee on Inequities and Disparities in Divorce
- Appointed to the Foster Care Review Board
- Syracuse University, B.S., 1969
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 1973
- Chairman, Montgomery County Property & Alimony Committee 1979-1980
- Member, Montgomery County, Judicial Section Committee, 1984-1987, 2005- 2006
- Member, Maryland Bar Association
- Chairman, Montgomery County Subcommittee for the Task Force on Spousal Abuse, 1981-1982
- Member, Governor's Committee on Inequities and Disparities of Divorce, 1991-1993
- Chairman, Montgomery County Family Law Section, 1990-1991
- District of Columbia, 1974
- Maryland, 1973
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Lecturer in all areas of Family Law for Maryland State Bar Association
- Lecturer, Montgomery County Bar Association
- Lecturer, Prince George's-Montgomery County Continuing Education Institute 1976- 1980
- Taught annual Family Law Update for the Bar Association for 20+ years. All case reviews are contained in a book which I authored and a copy was provided to participants as well as to all Judges and Masters for the Circuit Courts of Montgomery, Prince George's and Frederick counties., Lecturer, Montgomery County Bar Association, 1988
- Author, "Coloring in the Details of Clients Getting a "Gray Divorce" , Estate Planning Magazine , 2017
- Author, "Same-Sex Prenups: Consider this before the nuptials", The Maryland Daily Record, 2014
- Author "Gray Divorce: It Gets Complicated" Family Law Magazine
- Named by Bethesda Magzine as one of the areas Top Divorce Attorney's, May 2010, 2013 and again in 2017. , Top Divorce Attorney, Washingtonian Magazine
- Named one of The Best Lawyers in America, 2011 - present
- Featured in the 2011 - 2017 Editions of The Best Lawyers in America
- Rated "Superb" by Avvo.
- Named, Top Divorce Attorney, Metropolitan Area, Washingtonian Magazine
- Featured in the May 2010 issue of Bethesda magazine and was named One of the Top 25 Divorce Attorneys in the Metropolitan D.C. area.
- AV rated, Martindale Hubbell
- Awarded "Top Attorney" by DC Magazine
- Governor's Appointee to Foster Care Review Board, 1984-1986
- Selected to serve as a Member of the Montgomery County Bar Leaders, 2008 - Present
- Lead Counsel Rated.
- Halle v. Halle, 25 Md. App. 350; 333 A.2d 360, 1975
- Birdsall v. Birdsall, 23 Md. App. 502; 327 A.2d 910, 1974
- Karmand v. Karmand, 145 Md. App. 317; 802 A.2d 1106, 2002
- Altman v. Altman, 282 Md. 483; 386 A.2d 766, 1978
- Guarino v. Guarino, 112 Md. App. 1; 684 A.2d 23, 1996
- Glading v. Furman, 282 Md. 200; 383 A.2d 398, 1978
- Jordan v. Jordan, 50 Md. App. 437; 439 A.2d 26, 1982
- Abdullahi v. Zanini, 241 Md. App. 372 Convinced the Court of Special Appeals to reverse the lower court's decision. Lower court failed to award my client her proper share of the husband's World Bank pension, lower court improperly included the child's 529 account as my client's marital property, lower court made multiple mathematical mistakes & the lower court mistakenly refused the admission of wife's evidence. , 2019
Office location for Jeffrey N. Greenblatt
111 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20850
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2013, 2015 - 2024