Jody S. Kline
Top rated land use & zoning attorney in Rockville, MarylandMiller, Miller & Canby
Practice Areas: Land use & zoning, Administrative law
Licensed in Maryland since: 1974
Education: Washington and Lee University School of Law
Miller, Miller & Canby200-B Monroe Street
Rockville, MD 20850 Visit website
With close to 50 years of legal experience, Jody S. Kline is the principal attorney at the law firm Miller, Miller & Canby, located in Rockville, Maryland. He extends his practice to the counties of Washington and Montgomery in Maryland and serves clients in areas related to land use, planning, development and zoning law. A graduate of Washington and Lee University, Mr. Kline received his bachelor’s degree in 1968 and his Juris Doctor in 1974.
Having joined Miller, Miller & Canby in 1981, Mr. Kline has handled land development cases concentrating on subdivision law, special exceptions, conditional uses, building variances, master planning and permit issuance. He has contributed to the planning and economic development initiatives of Montgomery County. He also represents private clients, nonprofit organizations, corporations and agencies in matters regarding other administrative and real estate matters of land development.
As a member, Mr. Kline is actively involved in the activities of the Bar Association of Montgomery County Maryland, the Maryland State Bar Association, the American Planning Association and the Maryland-National Capital Building Industry Association. He was a former secretary, an executive committee member and the chairman of the Administrative Law Section of the Bar Association of Montgomery County.
During his long years of legal service, many acclaims have found their way to Mr. Kline. He was included to the list of Best Lawyers for many consecutive years by the U.S. News & World Report. Both Washingtonian and Bethesda magazines featured him as a Top Lawyer. Moreover, he is rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasLand use/zoning, Administrative law
- 80% Land use/zoning
- 20% Administrative law
First Admitted: 1974, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.millermillercanby.com/attorney/jody-s-kline/
- Super Lawyer, Maryland, 2008 – 2022
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent, Peer Rating
- Best Lawyers, 2007-2023
- Featured as a Bethesda Magazine, “Top Lawyer”
- Featured as one of Washington’s “Top Lawyers”, Washingtonian magazine
- Montgomery Parks Foundation (Board Member)
- Rockville Recreation and Parks Foundation (Board Member)
- Neighborhood Six Citizens’ Advisory Committee (City of Gaithersburg)
- Citizens’ Technical Advisory Committee on Public Facilities (Montgomery County)
- Ad Hoc Committee for Parking Ordinance Amendments (City of Gaithersburg)
- Citizens’ Advisory Committee on Historic Preservation (Montgomery County)
- Maryland National Capital Building Industry Association
- Urban Land Institute
- American Planning Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County (Secretary, 1980-1981)
- Washington & Lee University, B.A., 1968
Office location for Jody S. Kline
200-B Monroe Street
Rockville, MD 20850
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2009, 2011 - 2012, 2015 - 2018