Kathryn E. Deckert
Top rated Family Law attorney in Rockville, MarylandStein Sperling Bennett De Jong Driscoll PC
Practice Areas: Family Law
Licensed in Maryland since: 2006
Kathryn Deckert is passionate about guiding clients through what are often challenging and emotionally fraught cases. Kathryn focuses her practice on issues related to divorce, child custody and support, domestic violence and pre- and post-nuptial agreements.
Kathryn is motivated by a desire to help her clients move beyond difficult times and into more positive phases of their lives. She wants them to feel heard and supported throughout their case and she works assiduously and compassionately to establish trusting and interactive relationships with them.
Fierce but compassionate, Kathryn is consistently responsive to her clients and intensely vigilant on their behalf in her effort to help achieve their goals, whether through mediation or litigation. She is particularly committed to custody cases and fights to ensure her clients can remain a constant and involved presence in their children’s lives. Her vast experience handling domestic violence cases is marked by a tremendous success rate in resolving them effectively.
Born and raised in Montgomery County, Kathryn has spent her career giving back to the area. Before joining Stein Sperling, she was a staff attorney for the House of Ruth in Montgomery, Baltimore, and Prince George’s counties, a role that afforded her hundreds of opportunities to represent victims of domestic violence in divorce, custody, and protective order matters.
First Admitted: 2006, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://steinsperling.com/attorneys/kathryn-deckert/
- University of Maryland (B.A., with honors, 2001)
- American University, Washington College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Best Lawyers (2020-2021), Best Lawyers
- Top Attorney (2019), Bethesda Magazine
- Bar Association of Montgomery County; Executive Committee (2013-2015), Member Chamber Chats (2013), Chair New Practioner Section, Co-Chair (2013-2015) Strategic Planning Committee, Member (2014-present)
- Montgomery County Inn of Court, Associate
- Women's Bar Association
- Montgoermy County, Maryland Bar Foundation Board of Directors (2015-present)
- American University, Washington College of Law, Advanced Externship Seminar, Adjunct Professor
- Victim Assistance and Sexual Assault Program, Volunteer
- Asian Pacific Islander Domestic Violence Resource Project, VolunteerÂ
- D.C. Rape Crisis Center, Volunteer
- Recent Changes in Maryland Family Law, Author, www.steinsperling.com/media-and-events/media/recent-changes-in-maryland-family-law, 2015
- Stein Sperling's family law attorney Kathryn Deckert, co-chair of The Bar Association of Montgomery County's New Practitioners Section, will act as a moderator during the "Solo Practice - From Start to Finish" session for the 121st Annual Meeting & Law Day Celebration, Moderator, Solo Practice - From Start to Finish, Montgomery County Bar Association, 2015
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2024