Mary Craine Lombardo
Top rated Civil Litigation attorney in Rockville, MarylandRLG Law
While a litigation practice necessarily involves preparing cases for trial, Mary Lombardo always keeps her clients’ ultimate goals in mind and focuses on crafting creative solutions beyond litigation. Should litigation become necessary, however, she offers her vast experience as a trial attorney, including jury trials and bench trials as well as arbitration and administrative proceedings. Mary also has successfully resolved matters at all stages of the litigation process through alternative dispute resolution, including mediation. She concentrates her practice on complex commercial disputes, including real estate, shareholder disputes, contract, employment, estates, negligence and fraud matters.
Since 2011, Super Lawyers magazine has named Mary a Rising Star among Maryland attorneys. She is active and serves on several committees for the Bar Association of Montgomery County, the State Women’s Bar Association (WBA) and the Montgomery County Chapter of the WBA. Mary served as the Public Relations Chair for the WBA’s 2010 and 2013 Triennial Auctions, which raised funds for the organization’s charitable work. She has served as an Executive Board Member of the State WBA. She also participated for several years as a judge in Montgomery County’s High School Mock Trial Competition.
Prior to joining Rismiller Law Group, Mary practiced in both a large Montgomery County law firm handling litigation matters including business disputes, employment matters, and estate disputes as well as at a boutique Georgetown law firm specializing in federal class action litigation throughout the United States. Before that, she practiced at a large international law firm where she was a senior associate in their Commercial Litigation group. Mary is a trained court-appointed Child Advocate and has represented abused and neglected children and performed pro bono immigration work.
While in law school, Mary served as a judicial intern to a New York Supreme Court Judge and assisted with civil and criminal matters in the office of the Attorney for the Town of North Hempstead. She also participated in the Washington Semester Program at the Environmental Law Institute in Washington, D.C.
Outside the office, Mary enjoys horseback riding and swimming.
Practice areasCivil Litigation: Plaintiff, Business Litigation, Employment & Labor: Employee, Estate & Trust Litigation
First Admitted: 1999, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.rlg-lawyers.com/attorneys/mary-c-lombardo/
- Women's Bar Association, State and Montgomery County Chapter, served in numerous capacities including Executive and At-large Board, Newsletter Chair and Judicial Selections Committee
- Bar Association of Montgomery County Commercial Litigation Section, Chair (2012-present)
- Women's Bar Association, Committee Chair of the Year (2012)
- Women’s Bar Association, President’s Award (2010)
- Maryland Women's Bar Association, President's Award, 2016
- Women’s Bar Association, Rising Star Award (2009)
- I attended Hofstra University and Hofstra Law School
- In addition to being admitted to the Maryland Bar, I am admitted to the bar in the following jurisdictions: Pennsylvania (1999), New Jersey (2000), D.C. (2006) and Virginia (2009)., 1999
- I was awarded the 2009 Rising Star of the WBA Award at the 2009 Annual Meeting. I was awarded the 2010 President's Award from the WBA., 2009
- Stein Sperling civil litigation attorney Mary Lombardo will present at "Pay Me Now or Pay Me Later: Developments under the Fair Labor Standards Act" at the 27th Annual Employment Law Update Seminar. The U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division recently reversed course in a number of critical areas while employers continue to struggle with understanding the nuances of overtime exemptions. The session will provide practical guidance to counsel for employers and employees in the never-ending battle to understand our nation's overtime laws. , Speaker, “Pay Me Now or Pay Me Later:” Developments under the Fair Labor Standards Act, 2018
- Darla McClure, Don Sperling and Mary Lombardo will serve as a panel of attorneys offering MC SHRM members information on the latest employment trends and concerns for employers. Topics will include an update of recent federal and state employment law cases, issues and concerns involving social media and the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”) as well as a thorough discussion concerning document retention and destruction from a litigation perspective, with an emphasis on company e-mails. This will be a robust legal discussion with your legal questions welcome., Darla McClure, Don Sperling and Mary Lombardo to present Legal Trends for Employers, 2012
- Obtained judgment in favor of an estate in a will contest case involving evidence and witnesses in a foreign country., 2019
- Obtained verdict in complex real estate matter involving alleged forgery of title documents., 2018
- Defense jury verdict in complex employment case including claims under the FMLA, ERISA and the ADA., 2012
- In 2009 and through the first several months of 2010 I have obtained: a jury verdict in favor of the plaintiff, including punitive damages, on a claim relating to fraud in a business transaction, a jury verdict in favor of the defendant on a claim of employment discrimination, a jury verdict in favor of the plaintiff in a breach of contract related to real estate; a jury verdict in favor of a plaintiff attorney seeking to recover attorneys' fees against a former client and defending counter-claims of breach of contract and professional negligence, a court verdict in favor of a plaintiff for the dissolution of an LLC and claims for fraud against an individual relating to the business and a bench verdict for a non-profit organization in a case alleging tortious interference with contract and other claims. In terms of settlement, I obtained a consent order in a case seeking preliminary and permanent injunctive relief to enjoin trademark infringement., 2009
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2014