Matthew J. Pavlides
Top rated business & corporate attorney in Rockville, MarylandStein Sperling Bennett De Jong Driscoll PC
Practice Areas: Business & corporate, Construction litigation
Licensed in Maryland since: 1989
Education: University of Florida Levin College of Law
A gifted commercial litigator, Matt Pavlides is driven by a desire to help clients in an efficient, responsible fashion “so they can get back to doing what they want to do with their lives.” Matt’s approach to practicing law is defined by his commitment to analyzing the big picture in order to fully understand each component of a case. He strives to place his clients in the best possible position, and keep them fully informed at each step of the way. He prides himself on his accessibility to his clients.
With broad-based experience in business disputes, complex commercial and construction litigation, Matt has worked with clients on matters ranging from large commercial matters to much smaller personal ones, settling disputes through mediation, arbitration, and litigation. He represents general contractors, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, engineering firms, and business owners in a wide range of construction-related projects. Matt understands the complexities of the construction industry, where many parties form their working relationships through a variety of intricate contracts.
Matt has broad experience in litigation as well as mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) matters in Maryland, D.C., Virginia, South Carolina, Florida, and other jurisdictions across the country. Most recently, Matt was called upon to represent a general contractor in defense of a multi-million dollar claim for construction deficiencies in Florida; a global privately held company’s chief executive officer in a shareholder litigation matter in the District of Columbia; and a local private company in a shareholder action and counterclaim in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Prior to joining Stein Sperling, Matt was Managing Partner of Miles and Stockbridge’s Rockville office, and served as co-chair of the firm’s 80-lawyer Commercial Litigation Group.
First Admitted: 1989, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://steinsperling.com/attorneys/matthew-pavlides/
- Best Lawyers (2018-2021), Best Lawyers
- Maryland Super Lawyer (2012-2021), Super Lawyers
- Washington, D.C. Super Lawyer (2012-2021), Super Lawyers
- Washington SmartCEO Magazine: "Smart Lawyer" (2008)
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent® Rated
- Bar Association of Montgomery County
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Washington D.C. Bar Association
- Florida State Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association; Commercial Litigation Division and Construction/Surety Division
- International Concrete Repair Institute
- The College of William and Mary (B.A.), 1986
- University of Florida College of Law (J.D.), 1989
- ABA Forum On The Construction Industry;International Concrete Repair Institute
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023