Nogah B. Helfant
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Rockville, MD
As a partner at Meiselman Helfant & Wills, LLC, Nogah B. Helfant represents clients throughout Rockville, Maryland, as well as those in Prince George's, Montgomery, Howard and Frederick counties. She commits her practice to handling cases that involve family law issues such as the following: divorce, separation, alimony, the separation of marital property, child support and child custody.
After receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California Santa Cruz, Ms. Helfant earned a Juris Doctor from the Suffolk University Boston Law School in 1994.
For more than 15 years, Ms. Helfant has been dedicating to helping families navigate the complexities surrounding divorce, child custody and other legal matters. Her extensive experience includes serving as a best interest attorney or child privilege attorney in a number of contested custody cases before the Montgomery County Circuit Court.
A trained mediator, Ms. Helfant works toward finding an amicable solution outside the courtroom. She brings a sense of logic to an otherwise emotional situation, helping clients to understand their options and protect their rights through effective negotiation. When mediation fails to produce an agreement, Ms. Helfant is a skilled litigator who will take the case to trial.
Active in the legal community, Ms. Helfant is a member of The District of Columbia Bar, the American Bar Association, the Maryland State Bar Association, Inc., and the Bar Association of Montgomery County.
Outside her practice, Ms. Helfant provides pro bono services to low-income families, and enjoys spending time with her husband and three children.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
About Nogah B. Helfant
First Admitted: 1996, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://mhwfamilylawyers.com/nogah-b-helfant/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, Simon E. Sobeloff Jewish Law Society, 2013–present
- Board of Directors for the Jewish Community Center in Northern Virginia, 2011-2013
- Walker v. Grow, 170 Md.App. 255, 907 A.2d 255 (2006)
- Campitelli v. Johnston, 134 Md. App. 689, 761 A.2d 369 (2000)
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, 2000–present
- Member, American Bar Association, 2000–present
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Women's Bar Association of Maryland, 2014–present
- Member, Montgomery County Bar Association, 2000–present
- University of California at Santa Cruz, B.A., 1991
- Certified Best Interest Attorney
Last Updated: 5/15/2022