Ron M. Landsman
Top Rated Elder Law Attorney in Rockville, MD
The founder of Ron M. Landsman, P.A., Ron M. Landsman has made a name for himself as a leading elder law attorney. Based in Rockville, Maryland, he assists clients throughout the state as well as the District of Columbia with issues involving Medicaid, guardianships and conservatorships, special needs trusts, disability planning and nursing home care. Mr. Landsman also has extensive experience with estate and trust litigation, probate administration, and estate planning.
Mr. Landsman is a 1970 graduate of the University of Michigan, where he majored in history and was the manager of the school's daily student newspaper. Remaining in Ann Arbor, he attended the University of Michigan Law School and was awarded his Juris Doctor cum laude in 1974. After graduation, Mr. Landsman served a year's clerkship with a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit. He then joined the U.S. Department of Justice's Antitrust Division, where he worked on appeals related to the breakup of AT&T. Mr. Landsman subsequently entered private practice, and in 1983 co-founded the predecessor to his current firm. Admitted to practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia, Mr. Landsman is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Landsman is a founding member and fellow of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, and he currently serves on its board of directors. He is also a member of the Special Needs Alliance, an organization of attorneys who are committed to helping disabled people and their families. Highly regarded by his fellow professionals, Mr. Landsman has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 60%Elder Law
- 30%Estate & Trust Litigation
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
Will Contests, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023
About Ron M. Landsman
First Admitted: 1975, Washington DC
- United States vs. AT&T
- University of Michigan, Managing Editor, The Michigan Daily, 1969-1970
- University of Michigan, LSA, B.A., 1970
- Maryland Court of Appeals, 1984
- D.C. Court of Appeal, 1975
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, member of Board of Directors (2011 to present)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, founding member, 1987
- NAELA Fellow, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 1991
- “Washington, D.C.’s Best Lawyers,”
- Rated “AV” (the top ratings for competence and ethics), Martindale-Hubbell, 1990
- “Top Lawyers”, Washingtonian Magazine in elder law
- Maryland SuperLawyers
Pro bono/Community Service
- First Maryland Disability Trust, Inc., Co-founder, 2007
- Special Needs Alliance, LLC, initial member, 2002
- Washington, D.C. Both are “D-4-C” pooled special needs trusts
- Wesley Vinner Memorial Trust, managed by Shared Horizons, Inc., Counsel
Last Updated: 5/15/2022