Sandra V. Guzman-Salvado
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Rockville, MD
Selected to Rising Stars: 2014
A family law attorney with The Law Offices of Sandra Guzman-Salvado, Sandra V. Guzman-Salvado represents clients in Virginia, the District of Columbia and Maryland. Her desire to help families move on from difficult times came during her intern experience in the Domestic and Child in Need of Assistance Legal Aid Bureau’s Baltimore City office. With almost 15 years of experience, she is highly qualified to handle the intricate, tumultuous situations that her clients often face.
In 1999, Ms. Guzman-Salvado graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Maryland. She then attended the University of Baltimore School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2004. In Maryland, she is a certified parent coordinator, a certified court appointed best interest attorney for minor children and a private family law mediator. She has trained in collaborative law and been certified by the state.
Ms. Guzman-Salvado is a member of the Women’s Bar Association of Maryland and the Montgomery County Bar Association and the family law section and collaborative law sections within the association. A former member of the International Association of Collaborative Professionals, she served as board member on the Maryland State Bar Hispanic Bar Association, the Maryland State Bar Alternative Disputes Resolution Section and the Prince George’s County Community Legal Services Organization.
An active member of her community, she volunteers with the Prepare for Success program. Ms. Guzman-Salvado also works as volunteer attorney for the Prince George’s County Family Law Clinic, the Self-Represented Litigants Project and The Montgomery County Bar Foundation Legal Clinics.
About Sandra V. Guzman-Salvado
First Admitted: 2004, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.guzmansalvadolaw.com/attorney-profile/sandra-guz...
- University of Maryland, B.A. – Bachelor of Arts, 1999
- Certified Parent Coordinator in Maryland
- Certified Court Appointed Best Interest Attorney for Minor Children
- Certified Court Appointed and Private Family Law Mediator
- Certified Training in Collaborative Law in the State of Maryland
- Women’s Bar Association of Maryland, Montgomery Bar Association
- Board Member, Prince George’s County Community Legal Services Organization
- Member, International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member, Collaborative Law Professional, Mediator
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Maryland Hispanic Bar Association, Board Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, Council Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Collaborative Law Professional, Mediator
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Attorney, Prince George's County, Community Legal Services, Family Law Clinic
- Volunteer Attorney, Self-Represented Litigants Project in Prince George’s County, Maryland
- Volunteer, Prepare for Success Program
- Volunteer Attorney, Montgomery County Bar Foundation, Legal Clinics, Wheaton and Germantown, Maryland
Last Updated: 5/15/2022