Top rated Family Law attorney in Rockville, MarylandSteven J. Gaba, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Maryland since: 1991
Education: Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Steven J. Gaba, Attorney and Counselor at Law200A Monroe Street
Rockville, MD 20850-4437 Visit website
From his law firm in Rockville, Maryland, Steven J. Gaba, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mr. Gaba serves clients throughout Montgomery County and the surrounding areas who need help with their tough and emotional family law issues. A highly rated attorney with more than 30 years of legal experience, Mr. Gaba uses his extensive skills and resources to provide the highest level of legal representation to individuals and families facing any of the following legal challenges:
· Child custody and visitation
· Child support
· Property division
Trained in mediation and collaborative law, Mr. Gaba strives to help his clients resolve their disputes without the need for expensive and time-consuming litigation; however, he will fight hard on behalf of his clients' rights and best interests in court when necessary.
As an attorney, Mr. Gaba understands the stress and uncertainty his clients feel with regard to their legal situations, which is why he treats all he serves with compassion and dignity while working hard to help them achieve the most favorable outcomes possible based on their specific needs and goals. Through this high level of service and commitment to his clients, Mr. Gaba has received numerous awards and honors, and he is widely regarded as one of the top family law attorneys in the region.
After graduating from New York University in 1984, Mr. Gaba attended Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1987. While in law school, Mr. Gaba was a member of the Order of Barristers, and he served as editor-in-chief for the Cardozo Moot Court Board.
Mr. Gaba is licensed to practice in Maryland, Connecticut, New York and the District of Columbia, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. Moreover, he remains active with several professional legal organizations, including the Family Law sections for the Bar Association of Montgomery County, The District of Columbia Bar, and the Amaerican Bar Association. He is also a member of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1987
Professional Webpage: http://www.mdfamilylaw.net/Attorney-Profile/Steven-J-Gaba.sh...
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts - 2012 to present.
- Maryland, 1991
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Family Law Section, Member, 1993 - Present
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Collaborative Divorce Associates, Co-President, 2015 - 2017
- New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 1993
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Member, Fee Arbitration Panel, 1999 - Present
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals, Member, 2006 - Present
- Connecticut, 1987
- District of Columbia, 1992
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Family Law Section, Co-Chair, 1998-2000
- District of Columbia Bar, Family Law Section, Member, 1993 - Present
- Collaborative Divorce Associates, Board Member, 2005 - 2018; President, 2015 - 2018.
- Instructor, Advanced Legal Writing, New York Law School, 1988 - 1990
- Facilitator, Montgomery County Circuit Court Family Division, 2001 - Present
- Editor-in-Chief, Cardozo Moot Court Board, 1986-1987
- New York University, New York, New York, B.A. in English Literature, 1984
- Award for outstanding written and oral advocacy and editing of appelate briefs, Order of Barristers, 1987
- Certified as a Parent Coordinator., 2020
Office location for Steven Gaba
200A Monroe Street
Rockville, MD 20850-4437
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2023