Curtis D. Cannon
Top rated personal injury attorney in Silver Spring, MarylandGoldberg Finnegan Cannon, LLC
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Workers' compensation; view more
Licensed in Maryland since: 2003
Curtis D. Cannon is an attorney at the law firm of Goldberg Finnegan located in Silver Spring, Maryland. With over 18 years of experience practicing law, he focuses his practice on personal injury matters, including auto accidents and medical malpractice. He also fights for the rights of those who have been injured in the workplace.
With a genuine concern for his clients, Mr. Cannon goes the extra mile for them. He strives to communicate well, keeping his clients informed through every stage of their case. He understands the negative impact of being harmed through no fault of one’s own, and he serves as a zealous and tireless advocate for his clients.
With a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy, Mr. Cannon graduated cum laude from the Catholic University of America. He earned his Juris Doctor from the Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law.
Mr. Cannon is admitted to practice in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C., and also practices in each jurisdiction’s workers’ compensation commissions. He is actively involved in the legal community and has memberships in the Maryland Association for Justice, the Trial Lawyers Association of the District of Columbia, the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice and the Traumatic Brain Injury Society.
Honored for his legal contributions, Mr. Cannon has been included in the Top Attorneys Rising Stars list, the Top Lawyers in Maryland list and the Top Young Attorneys in Maryland list by the Baltimore Magazine. He has also received a “Very Good” rating on Avvo.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 90% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 2003, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.goldbergfinnegan.com/curtis-d-cannon/
- B.A., The Catholic University of America, cum laude, 2000
- Maryland Court of Appeals, 2003
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 2004
- U.S. District Ct. for the District of Maryland, 2004
- Supreme Court of Virginia, 2007
- U.S. District Ct. for the District of Columbia, 2010
- U.S. District Ct. for the Eastern & Western District of Virginia, 2014
- $1.3 Million SettlementMy client slipped and fell on black ice and sustained a significant fracture to her leg requiring surgery., 2021
- $138,000 VerdictMy client was hit from behind while stopped at a light. He sustained sprain/strain injuries to his lower back superimposed on a prior back injury. The last offer from the Defendant's insurance company was less than $20,000.00., 2022
- $1.75 Million SettlementMy client was hit head on by a vehicle that crossed the center line. He sustained a significant pelvic/hip injury requiring surgery., 2022
- $500,000 SettlementMy client was inside his vehicle at a rest stop when it was struck by a truck. He suffered a herniated disc in his neck., 2022
Office location for Curtis D. Cannon
8401 Colesville Road
Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2018